Expensive Snakes

Discussion in 'General Snakes' started by CornyGuy, Feb 25, 2006.

1. CornyGuy

CornyGuy Well-Known Member

What is the most expensive snake you have?

Forums seemed slow, so I decided to start a new topic.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Zombie

Zombie Well-Known Member

A corn snake, lol.. im serious. i dont even remember how much it was, but it was cheap.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Ash19

Ash19 Well-Known Member

My corn snake cost me $150 for him alone. In total for everything I got with him cost $240

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Skunky

Skunky Well-Known Member

Have a whopping $50 ball python :) Of course, as Ash indicated, the setup cost probably 3x as much as the snake! :D Go figure.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. adam2373

adam2373 Member

$1,500.00 for a Amazon Basin Emerald Tree Boa. With housing and supplies another $450.00.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. adamvester

adamvester New Member

the most expensive snake i have currently is a corn i guess lol i paid like £30 for it but i got a buy one get one free ofer :) lol and i got a gopher snake a nice 3ft tank a themostat and digi themo and light for £30 aswell so that was nice and cheap :) the most expensive snake i have seen is a banna ball python or a green tree.

12. VtMiPgYeRr

VtMiPgYeRr Member

My most expensive is my BP which is 100% het for Pied. $340 just the snake. No supplies. But I already had them :3 My other snake which is a Cali. KS was like.... $50? Possibly lower.

13. CornyGuy

I just can't beleive those bigtime snake enthusiasts that pay thousands of dollars for snakes.

14. VtMiPgYeRr

VtMiPgYeRr Member

If I had a couple thousand I would buy a pied instead of trying ot produce one. However I am cheap and had to go the Het. way :3

15. CornyGuy

That is smart. Buy two hets(cheaper) of whatever morph you want and when they breed, you got yourself some pieds or whatever you want.

16. Rocky

Rocky Member

My most expensive snake now is a pied. But will be getting more visual males this summer. Cant wait!

17. CornyGuy

How much was it, I guess somewheere around $5,000?

18. VtMiPgYeRr

VtMiPgYeRr Member

Actually I wanted to get two hets but that was out of my price range. :)

19. CornyGuy

ONE het is out of my price range! Lol.

20. Skunky

Skunky Well-Known Member

May be cheaper go the het route..but it's definitely not easier. Takes a lot of time to get your pied, especially if you're starting off with juvie hets.

21. Rocky

Rocky Member

CornyGuy, she was $5300. But I got her and a pastel male together so I guess you could say she was $4800.

22. moist

moist Embryo

$150 Amazon Tree Boa.

23. Skunky

Skunky Well-Known Member

Moist...how're you finding your ATB? Is she the snappy beast that people make them out to be?

24. CornyGuy

Then you have to breed them.

25. Rocky

Rocky Member

I wont be breeding those 2 together. I will be breeding an Orange Ghost to her. Or a mojave to her. My plans have been to breed her to an orange ghost all along, but after some thinking I may go a different route. The mojave pied will be much easier to produce then an orange ghost pied (co dom x recessive rather then recessive x recessive), but do I want to be ahead of the game and make double hets for Orange Ghost Pied? Or produce Mojaves het for Pied, then aim for double hets for Orange Ghost Pied the following season? Tough call. Time will tell what I decide to do. Still got some time.