EXTREME EMERGENCY!!! MILK SNAKE HELP NEEDED!

Discussion in 'Other Colubrids' started by Reptikeeps101, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Reptikeeps101

Reptikeeps101 New Member

Ok well i have an Eastern Milksnake (native to the state of NY) and I bought him from a petshop because he wasnt in good shape. I have had him for a while now. He only eats fuzzy mice. But today I went into his tank to clean and I picked him up. He was really light and looks very dehydrated. His skin his dry. He doesnt like to move to much. Help! What should I do! He's not dead but he sure does feel like it.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 ReptileBoards Addict

Get him to the vet.
    Has he been eating well all along? If he is that dehydrated you could soak him in warm water...fill a rubbermaid container up with only a bit of water, make sure he can easily keep his head up. Cover it loosely and put it on the warm side of his viv.
    Seriously though, find and get him to a vet if it is as bad as you say. www.herpvetconnection.com or even an emergency vet if there one near you.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Reptikeeps101

Reptikeeps101 New Member

never mind man. I did the rubber maid container thing and he decided he wanted out. so He sat under his heat light and passed away. I buried him today. When I first bought the snake he wasnt in good condition. I did the best i could to keep him alive and I did keep him alive for a while. Im sorry.
    RIP Eastern Milk Snake
    [​IMG]
    Note: DONT BUY SNAKES THAT WERE LOCALLY CAUGHT! They could have been injured when they were found. just like this little guy. He probably got found by being stepped on, or hit with a lawn mower or something.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 ReptileBoards Addict

I'm sorry he didn't make it :D