F.I.R.E.

Discussion in 'Florida Reptile Nuts' started by voodoo13, Jul 6, 2006.

1. voodoo13

voodoo13 New Member

So who will be going to the FIRE show in Orlando next weekend? Looks like it may be a good one this year.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. CrotalusKlauberi

CrotalusKlauberi New Member

NEXT WEEKEND? Voodoo man it's in 2 days :)

I'll be leaving JAX at around 6:15 AM

Stop by the bank and McDonalds should put me at the EXPO around 9:15 to 9:30 if all goes well, doors open at 10:00 WOOT!

EDITED: Shawn emailed me back and told me they have 70 vendors so far and counting.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. voodoo13

voodoo13 New Member

RE: Re: F.I.R.E.

Next weekend? Ok well this weekend I meant to say. I have been sick this week and going to work every day it just seems like the days are dragging untill the show...LOL! looking forward to the show im hoping to just look and get a few supplies. Hmm last time I said that I came home with 3 more lizards... Doh!

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. CrotalusKlauberi

Does someone at these large shows sell ceramic heat and other supplies?

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. leodeal384

leodeal384 Member

I am going tomorrow to hopefully trade some stuff and get some mealies and rodents. I have been talking with Home Grown Herps...and they might be interested in my Great plains rat snake, and possibly some of my hatchling racks. CrotalusKlauberi- yes, you can find just about anything at these shows!

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. CrotalusKlauberi

70 vendors my butt!

I just got back at 2:00PM, I was there when the doors opened. "I" felt it was a waste of $60.00 dollars, that's because I didn't get anyhting.I went with a pocket full of cash but nothing I wanted was there. :D. I almost got a Miami Corn but passed on it. Looks like I'll be waiting for Daytona.

$35.00 GAS
    $07.00 McDonalds and Coffee
    $06.00 Parking
    $10.00 Entrance Fee
    $05.00 Drinks and snack on the way back

No snakes :)

12. Samael

Samael New Member

The FIRE show was bad? I didn'g go but i heard it was usually a great show.

13. CrotalusKlauberi

I didn't say it was bad, I just didn't find anything I was looking for. I don't think there were 70 vendors there as I was told. The 06 CB snakes were corns and balls for the most part, I didn't see a large verity of CB06 snakes and the Corns I did see were not "great". It seemed like the breeders either held back their best snakes or sold them before the show because I didn't see anything I "must have". All I am saying is it seemed like slim pickings if you wanted CB 06 stuff and most the snakes I wanted were not even offered there.

14. Samael

Samael New Member

oh that sucks, what other shows are you planning on going to? Me an my friends are probably going to go to the daytona show in august, i am searching for a blood, i will find one, but have you ever ordered a snake over the internet before?

15. CrotalusKlauberi

Yeah, I'm going to Daytona as well. No I have not ordered a snake over the internet. I like to see the snake before I buy. I also live an an area as you do where snake expos are all around. This way I can see the snake before I buy and do not have to pay shipping cost. Also breeders can send you whatever, may be good but I am picky. I plan on having my snakes for a long time so I want to be happy with the ones I get.

Not that I don't trust breeders to send me a good snake but I am big on patterns where the breeder may not care and send whatever they have left.

16. Samael

Samael New Member

i'm not too big on pattern, but i am big on temperment, as i want to move into the larger pythons as i only have my small little sand boas, i want a blood python and they are nippy, but some young ones aren't biters at all. I have seen a few that were as handleble as a ball python, amazingly, but wasn't able to get it at the time. But now all i can find are youg bloods online so i was wondering.

17. slowfoxbird

slowfoxbird New Member

Make sure you keep the humidity right with your Blood. I have one and she is a sweetheat. I think Bloods get a bad rap for no reason at all. I handle mine all the time, and she has never bit me that wasnt my own fault. The only time she nipped me was during the first couple of days I had her, I messed with her before she got adjusted, and she was letting me know to leave her alone. Ever since then she has been a little Angel.

18. voodoo13

voodoo13 New Member

I went to the show today and had a pretty good time. Not as big as I was expecting either, but we had a good time. I was going to pick up a corn or Ball and ended up getting a Dumeril's Boa from Roark. She is pretty cool and has some awesome colors. I say I got it but my wife who had never held a snake until today when I put this one in her hands she said "we have to get this one". LOL! So hopefully with some guidance and tips we can keep this pretty girl healthy for a LONG time to come.

19. CrotalusKlauberi

I was wondering what you thought Voodoo, good to hear you found something you like. It was sort of small or not as big as I thought it woulkd be.

Anyone know how big Daytona is, how many vendors etc...

20. voodoo13

voodoo13 New Member

A Few of the vendors I talked to today said it was a pretty slow show altogether. They were all hoping Daytona would be bigger and better than ever. As I have never been to that show i am hoping for the same. Anyone else been that can say how it is in Daytona?

21. leodeal384

leodeal384 Member

I have heard Daytona is a lot bigger, and better deals for us buyers because of it. I talked with the people at Home Grown herps today, and they said it was decent today because there wasn't too many people, and the wasn't too little. They said that it is better at the medium size ones too...but still, you can get better deals at bigger shows because the more people and competition, more prices are dropped to get business. I would love to go to the
    Daytona show, but that is too far for me. I personally didn't get anything but some worms today, but I saw some nice looking snakes! I love those Wagler's pit vipers at Glades!!! At least I think that is what they were called.... :?:

22. voodoo13

voodoo13 New Member

I picked up the ReptileMania DVD that Bill and Kathy Love were selling. If the Daytona show is anything like the year they show in that DVD it will be a LOT bigger. I will be spending a couple of days there im sure. Nice for me being that it's only about 35 miles away. By the looks of it there are a couple hundred vendors listed so far. :)

23. CrotalusKlauberi

Good, a couple hundred vendors means I might find what I am looking for. Daytona is a good spot, only an hour or so for me.

24. RinkRat33

RinkRat33 New Member

Man, that Daytona show does sound great, but i'm all the way over in Tampa, that's just a bit too far for me :) I went to FIRE but again didn't find what i wanted, but oh well, just means i wasn't supposed to have it yet i guess, haha.

25. leodeal384

leodeal384 Member

Yeah, I'm near Tampa...Daytona is a little too far away. What where you looking for RinkRat33?