Facebook vs. Myspace

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by BigZ3788, Aug 21, 2006.

1. BigZ3788

BigZ3788 Well-Known Member

I love face book it is so much less stupid than myspace. Myspace is so slow and it always has problems, you can never find who your looking for and all the music and sparkly spinning backgrounds are rediculous. College keeps getting better and better.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Just_Some_Guy

Just_Some_Guy Well-Known Member

I've never heard of Facebook and I can't stand Myspace and Bebo.......

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. spike8

spike8 New Member

what is facebook? i know what you mean royal family i get all these email saying something like this
    jhon wants you to join bebo so we can share pictures blah blah blah
    i get one everyday its really annoying.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Just_Some_Guy

Just_Some_Guy Well-Known Member

I don't even have it why send me a e-mail. Drives me mad

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

hm... dont know what bebo is, i have heard of "high-five" though.... but yeah, im on myspace and facebook. I've been thinking about deleting my myspace account b/c i had it just for my friends that werent on facebook yet.... but now that facebook has expanded so much everyones on it, lol. But I really really hope facebook doesnt ever get that "sketchiness" associated with it like myspace has.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. BSB

BSB Well-Known Member

Even though I have an myspace account I hate it and plan on deleting it soon.

12. ArchimedesArtifex

ArchimedesArtifex Member

Myspace is for pathetic emo children who cut themselves for attention. :D

13. spike8

spike8 New Member

lol very true there are loads of emos on myspace lol

14. Ash19

Ash19 Well-Known Member

My friend just mentioned Facebook today actually. I don't know anything about it, but he says it's cool. Myspace bugs me with all it's silly things. The only thing I like about it is all the music you can check out.

15. ArchimedesArtifex

ArchimedesArtifex Member

You can download free music somewhere that doesn't put a drain on your life though.

16. Ash19

Ash19 Well-Known Member

Well it's not necessarily about downloading the music. I do that too. It's more about discovering music. I've found so many bands I love now through myspace...and then I go download those bands' music :D
    I just ignore all the other nonesense, and don't let it bother me.

17. GraAgusDilseacht

GraAgusDilseacht Embryo

I think they both have their perks and downsides

*Facebook
    -Perks: Great for getting intouch with old buddies and keeping track of birthdays. I love the "albums" feature too, and being able to see who will be in my classes for the upcoming semester.
    -Downside: I hate being "poked" (can anything be more pointless?), it's also stalker prone, and only kids enrolled in college (and some highschools) can join. Also, there's no music, and very little you can do to personalize the style of your profile.

*Myspace
    -Perks: Anyone can join, which makes keeping intouch with people outside college a bit easier. There's lots of music to keep you occupied, and the profiles are customizable. The blog feature is nice as well.
    -Downside: Anyone can join, which makes it easier for wackos to stalk people. Some people really over customize their profile which is a bit annoying. The bullitens are also a bit much, and getting friended by people you've never met 20 times a day gets old quickly.

Just a few personal oppinions

18. BigZ3788

BigZ3788 Well-Known Member

I just heard of bebo the other day I guess its just big in england...

Yea i agree with stickypaws i think that was the word i was looking for is scketchy. myspace is sketchy.

I dont really like all the customization on myspace, it makes everything look really cheesy. and i dont know. Facebook just seems more grown up.

19. dna_splice

dna_splice Member

yeah.. myspace takes over ur life....

so to cope w/ my lost time.. i gota beardie! woot