Feeding Frequency

Discussion in 'Corns & Rat Snakes' started by CalasCorns, May 27, 2006.

1. pigger93

pigger93 Member

CalasCorns and Eirecorcaigh you guys are always disagreeing with eachother lol.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Eirecorcaigh

Eirecorcaigh Well-Known Member

Yeah, well... what are you going to do.... :D

We just seem to have clashing opinions. I was going to weigh my corn again today (he was fed Thursday, two large pinkies), but he went blind last night... so I'm just leaving him alone with his little moody self :D

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. pigger93

pigger93 Member

what do u mean he went blind. as in cannot see anymore, o no all i see is black. like that kind of blind?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. boopcha

boopcha New Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Feeding Frequency

I heard from breeders that you can feed a corn up to 2x's its girth. right now I feed my 15 month orthodox baby chicks and my anery two pinky rats at one feeding, my orthodox eats every week and my anery eats every couple days or so. I believe that corns or any snake are like people and eat what they want when the want, just as my corns eat every few days my boa eats weekly or will wait a month or so to feed.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Eirecorcaigh

Eirecorcaigh Well-Known Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Feeding Frequency

No, I mean that he went into his opaque phase (before shedding). They can't see very well during that time, and basically want nothing to do with anyone, including my snake, who will get pretty moody during that time.