Feeding?

Discussion in 'Anoles' started by voodoochild, Feb 24, 2008.

1. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

I am a former Anole breeder/expert but I have completely forgotten how to feed them because with my leo I ussually just let him eat out of my hand or I put the crickets in his hide, but With my new brown anole (Im getting back into them) I put the crickets in his cage and the go and hide, will he be able to hunt them down sufficiently on his own?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Read that and tell me what I should do.
    (Does a feeder dish work?)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. 00luke00

00luke00 Well-Known Member

Leave them in there for around 20 minutes, and then go back and remove any uneaten ones. Anoles will know when its feeding time, and in my experience, will always hide while you're tossing them in, then go crazy for them when you've put their lid back on. You may want to remove a couple of plants if your enclosure is dense, however be sure as that you don't scare the anoles, ie dont take any plants they are laying on, and make sure you replace them after feeding time.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Thank you, right now all I have is that moss stuff you can buy from the store, but Im hopefully getting dirt in it today.
    I think the crickets are hiding in the crevices in the moss.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. DaKing25

DaKing25 New Member

I am having the same problem where my green anoles aren't eating, so I may have to thin out their enclosure during feeding. Thanks.