fell in love with a pair of cresties

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus (Crested) Geckos' started by geckolover22, Aug 6, 2011.

1. geckolover22

geckolover22 Well-Known Member

went to the reptile super show down here and bought a pair :D HNI_0079.JPG
    HNI_0082.JPG
    HNI_0084.JPG
    not the best pics still dont have a good camera....

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. яowan.ω

яowan.ω Well-Known Member

Oooh, very nice. :]

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. geckolover22

yes i have a question about the first one im pretty sure he's perfect pinstripe unless i got something wrong... could he possibly be a harlequin and if so how could i tell?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

They look AWESOME even with this quality camera, I think you picked up a couple of nice finds! Is it possible to get any better quality photos? Particularly for determinition of the amount of pinstriping going on.

I'd like to see a picture of the first one's back to determine if he is a full pinner, but he sure looks the part from the picture. And yes, he is a definitely a harlequin...a very nice one at that. I love dark harlys, that dude's got some nice coloraion and patterning from what I can tell.

A harlequin is essentially a fire morph with more patterning... it will have color patterning different than their base body color inbetween the crests and on the head; and in addition, a Harlequin will have patterning on the sides and on the limbs as your boy there has.

That little (orange?) dalmation is quite lovely too, I like a good colored patternless animal just as much as the next guy. You got yourself a couple of keepers there! = )

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. ReptiCanineGirl

ReptiCanineGirl Embryo

Aww, thery're so cute! I went to a reptile show yesterday as well. I wonder if it was the same one 0.0

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. geckolover22

heres my girl
    DSC01763.JPG
    and my lil guy
    DSC01778.JPG

12. geckolover22

i went to the one in pomana and bought these two 300 dollars out of my pocket 150 for both... is the one you went to in pomana??

13. ReptiCanineGirl

ReptiCanineGirl Embryo

Oh, no, it wasn't.

14. geckolover22

oh too bad anyways i have one quick question on my girl just to clarify is she an orange tiger dalmation?

15. ReptiCanineGirl

ReptiCanineGirl Embryo

16. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Yes she is, a very pretty little girl you have there! = )

It's still hard to tell by the picture as to if he's a 100% full pin, and if he isn't, he's just nearly there. He doesn't appear to have any breaks, but the brightness kind of washes out the coloration and its hard for me to tell. More a personal issue of mine that anything, I have trouble differentiating colors that are similar to one another in close proximity =P but he very may may be a full pinner!

17. geckolover22

on his container at the show said 100% pinner just wanted to make sure still pretty new to cresties and morphs and patterns

18. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Wow! What little beauties you have! From the two photos he definitely looks like a 100% pinstripe! Until you can get some macros of his back you can't be 100%, but he sure looks like it :) Very beautiful orange on that little girl too! Great finds!

19. geckolover22

what is a 100% pinstripe anyways so i could tell completely.. we have a good camera but unless i crop the pic its too large to post

20. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

A 100% pinstripe will have the pinstripe trait running all the way from the tail to the head on both sides; where the pinstriping itself is defined as slightly enlarged, lighter colored (typically white/cream) scales that run down the gecko's back (the same line of scales that run up to make the gecko's crests). If there is a break in this striping on either side, the keeper would name it partial pinstriping to a certain percentage.

Yours looks to be one, and if it was marketed as a full pinner I'm sure it is = ) My eyes just don't allow me to see scale by scale coloration well where if a single scale or two were missing for the phenotype it might be considered a 95% pinner, etc.

21. geckolover22

thats great to hear he's a full pinner :3