Finally back home again!

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by DaCubs, Sep 19, 2005.

1. DaCubs

DaCubs Well-Known Member

As I'm sure everyone has noticed my 2 week absence, I am officially back from the woods. I had my annual 10-day camping trip to Quetico Park (in Canada). Fantastic trip this year. I've got some pics I'll put up soon. Weather was great, fishing was great, and that's all that really matters.
    I'll also try to get some updated pics of my girls, but no promises. We're stil working on moving into our new apt, so pictures kinda take a back seat.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Janice

Janice ReptileBoards Addict

Welcome back!!!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 ReptileBoards Addict

Welcome home! And I just thought you ran off without leaving a forwarding address or goodbye note :) ! Glad to hear you had a good time.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Ash19

Ash19 Well-Known Member

Welcome back :)

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. D00M

D00M Well-Known Member

Sounds really fun. I would love to go camping. Best camping where I live (AZ) Is in the winter because Its so darn hot every other season.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. lizard_man_Lane

lizard_man_Lane Well-Known Member

Welcome back!

12. Spot

Spot ReptileBoards Addict

we've missed ya, but 'glad you had a great trip!!

13. DaCubs

DaCubs Well-Known Member

Okay, here's a brief collection of the pics I took on my camera. Most are sunsets and scenery type stuff, cause that's the stuff I like best up there. There is one of my dad fishing, couple of our little camp island, couple of an otter who was trying to eat the fish on our stringer. The lodge is where we stay the night before and night after camping.

The park is pretty strictly controlled by the Canadian government. No motors, no buildings, no planes. Only so many people are allowed to enter each day, etc, etc. So it's as close to pure, untouched wilderness as you'll find with as "easy" access as it has. It's quite a haul to get from the entry point to the lake we want to be on, but it's worth it to us. We end up covering 20 miles of canoeing/portaging in 1 day, which is about double what most people attempt. Then we spend 7 days just fishing, paddling around, eating fish, fishing. And of course, when you're living in a tent with possibly no other humans for 10+miles, everything you do is all about being safe. A twisted ankle can suddenly put both our lives at risk.
    The biggest difference is how suddenly everything you do is dependant on the weather. Sun, rain, wind, storms, etc all determine what you do that day and how far you can stray from camp.
    Anyways...here's a link to the album. I'm not 100% sure it'll work, so let me know if it doesn't and I'll figure something out. I'll try to find a way to get the pics on my dad's camera (film) up whenever he mails me the doubles.
    http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePhotos.j...id=167641197205

14. BigZ3788

BigZ3788 Well-Known Member

Hello again.

15. shrap

shrap ReptileBoards Addict

Hey DC!!!!

I was wondering where you been. Thanks for the invite by the way.... did you ever stop to think that some of us wanting to go?

Glad you had a good time and welcome back.

16. brado

brado Member

Looks like an awsome spot to camp.

Oh, and welcome back :)

17. Janice

Janice ReptileBoards Addict

Beautiful Ontario!!!!