Flexarium

Discussion in 'Anoles' started by JoshSnakeman, Jul 15, 2013.

1. JoshSnakeman

JoshSnakeman New Member

Just an idea I got. I was zipping through Petland earlier and noticed an Exo-Terra 100 gal Flexarium. Now considering my soil mite problem, would it be possible to house my anole colony in there? There would be plenty of climbing space for them. I know humidity is an important factor for proper anole behaviour, but it is fairly humid where I am.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Not going to lie - I had no idea there was such a thing as a "flexarium" lol. Being a fully screened enclosure might make your anole have some shedding issues but those could be solved with a large shed box like we provide for leos... Looks pretty neat! And you could always cover the top and a few of the sides with plastic in the winter if the humidity drops too low for him. Good luck and let us know if you get it!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. JoshSnakeman

JoshSnakeman New Member

That was my only problem, the keeping humidity in our dry Manitoba winters. I have read of people keeping Knight and Jamaican Giant anoles in these cages, and it apparently worked out pretty good. I do think though to be on the safe side I will go the plastic in the winter. Its too bad my big 80 gal tank is housing a python, it would've been perfect for a small group of anoles. The previous owners had a super well planted ecosystem in there, center had a ''pond'' with butterfly fish and the land had wood frogs, fire-bellies and a couple salamanders.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Wow, that tank sounds like it was awesome! I love seeing "eco system" tanks :)

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. JoshSnakeman

JoshSnakeman New Member

Ya I wish I could get a photo on here but they're all to large

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. JoshSnakeman

JoshSnakeman New Member

12. JoshSnakeman

JoshSnakeman New Member

As you can see from the first pic, I like Australia

13. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Rain stick?

14. JoshSnakeman

JoshSnakeman New Member

ya, and all the australian animals in the background :p

15. JoshSnakeman

JoshSnakeman New Member

photo (2).JPG Here it is! 4' tall, 2' wide and 16'' back to front.

StikyPaws312 and Cammy like this.
  16. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Looks awesome!

...just fyi, since you have it up against a wall you might want to put saran wrap on the back and side so when you spray the tank you don't get the wall wet every time :)

17. JoshSnakeman

JoshSnakeman New Member

Good idea! So far so good! Everyone's shedding properly, eating well, and even some mating chases and throat fans starting to happen!

18. JoshSnakeman

JoshSnakeman New Member

Well it's been several months, and everything is going good! Everyone's eating and shedding properly! Hopefully it stays this way!!

19. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Oh good! Glad it's going well :)

20. JoshSnakeman

JoshSnakeman New Member

Yes, and just to be sure the humidity stays up where want it, I got a big potted palm and placed it next to the cage. The room is looking more and more tropical everyday!