Florida Vacation Herp Pics

Discussion in 'Photos & Photography' started by Cammy, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Cammy

Cammy ReptileBoards Addict

So I'm FINALLY done going through photos from my recent vacation. I'm just going to link directly to an imgur album of all the herps because if I post them here your computers will most likely hate me forever. Hopefully tomorrow I can catch back up on all the posts and replies from the last time I logged in. Well, enjoy! =D

http://imgur.com/a/WwY15

Edit: fixed link

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. mr_andrew

mr_andrew Member

Cool! Thanks for sharing!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. wren152

wren152 Member

Those are all awesome! Haha, I love your little commentary on the bottom. XD Especially the American Alligator going *plop*
    For a split second I thought you had a picture of a mountain horned dragon in there, I'd never actually seen or heard of a Javan Humphead Lizard. : O He is pretty cute! Awesome face shape! Thanks for sharing all these pictures! : D

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. dogking

dogking HOTM Winner September

nice pictures! It is either you went to a zoo while you were down here or there is a beautiful eyelash viper out there ready for me to catch it!! I am glad you had fun!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Badger711

Badger711 Member

Dude. Awesome.

1337penguin....Amazing name, btw.

and...OMG EYELASHVIPER<33.

Hope ya had fun, thanks for sharing :D

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

So fun!!!! "shedding like a boss" LOL. Looks like a fun trip! Which zoo/reptile center did you go to?

12. Cherin

Cherin New Member

pretty amazing! I loved the comment about the cricket on his head! haha!

13. Cammy

Thanks guys! =D And I forgot to say where these were taken--all except for a couple of the anole pictures at the beginning are from Busch Gardens in Tampa, FL.

StikyPaws312 likes this.
  14. Cherin

Cherin New Member

i want to go there so badly!!
    But I think for my birthday I'm going to be going to the denver zoo! I wanted to go to omaha but we decided denver first.

15. mr_andrew

mr_andrew Member

They do have a pretty cool zoo there! I went there in 2005 (was a highschool grad present trip) and spent more time looking at the animals then I did on the rides lol.

16. Cammy

Haha, Andrew, the only thing I rode was the train the rest of my time was spent taking pictures of the animals. =B

17. Karlee

Karlee Member

I am so jealous of you right now! I went up to... forgot the name but it was in Northern Florida. I saw the cutest black caiman in this zoo (it would be helpful if I remembered the names. It was such a long time ago though so its kinda hard to tell).

18. mr_andrew

mr_andrew Member

Haha but the train is awesome!

19. lizardgurl87

lizardgurl87 HOTM Winner April

Awesome! I was going to ask where you were and that's so cool you went to Busch Gardens! My parents have been there and I'll hopefully go there next year when I go to Florida, but it's mope mainly for Disney/Universal for marching band at school. This year we'll go to DC, which is cool-but there won't be many reptiles sadly, but last year when we went to Mammoth Cave in Kentucky there were a few :)

I could tell a few of those anoles were in the wild and you only have 1 of a green one, are brown more common there then? And the 1st few of that really dark, almost black anole are interesting! Was that a brown one and where did you see it?

I could tell a lot of the guys at Busch Gardens looked healthy and happy :p And they were chubby too! Cute!

20. Cammy

There's the Smithsonian Zoo in D.C. though, so you should be able to get your herp fix there. I went a few years ago and it was awesome.

All of the anoles in my pictures are brown anoles--even the almost black one and the palest brown one (which were both found at Orlando Studios). They were the only kind I saw the entire trip, but as you can see they come in a wide variety of shades and patterns, even the ones living in the same locality. =)

StikyPaws312 and lizardgurl87 like this.
  21. dogking

:O you didn't' see any green anoles!!!! thats crazy! where all did you go?

22. lizardgurl87

lizardgurl87 HOTM Winner April

Well, I hope I get to go to the Smithsonian Zoo then! I know we're only going to a few sections of the Smithsonian, since it's so big. I'm pretty sure Air&Space, History, and Natural History(which should and will hopefully include the animals) I'll ask my teacher who knows and organizes the whole thing to see.

That is odd you only saw Brown ones o_O I'm sure they're more common in some areas then Green though. Maybe it's even the time of year? But, I did think it was real cool how they had such a pattern and color range :)

23. Cammy

Orlando Studios and Busch Gardens, Tampa =)

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  24. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

You know how I feel about them ; ) fantastic photos! I'm glad you had a great time down there!

I really like the gators, and the looks on the faces of every tortoise...and everything else. Was it wrong for me to assume Jorgen Von Strangle's voice for the reticulated python's caption?

Cammy likes this.
  25. dogking

once again I was thinking of Arnold Schwarzenegger, but Jorden Von Strangle will do!