For everyone who owns tree frogs (of any type)

Discussion in 'Treefrogs' started by merebear843, Dec 8, 2007.

1. merebear843

merebear843 Embryo

I feel lead to speak something that has been on my mind for quite some time.

Every year around this time people are buying pets for children, without really researching. I am disgusted by the fact that when these people buy them and get them they get tired of taking care of these animals and want to get rid of them. Some do it the proper way by giving animals to people who want them, and some dump them.

I have a huge problem with people who dump animals to begin with because animal depend on you, their owner to take care of them and when you don’t you have done an unthinkable act. I truly believe that everyone that owns a pet is responsible for that pet until it dies. A pet can’t talk, therefore it can’t call someone and say I’m being neglected I’m not being feed or I need love. It’s our jobs as humans to do it for them.

So please, if you are person researching animals to buy, realize that animals sometimes get sick, and sometimes need medication and sometimes just need attention when we are busy, and it’s your job to provide it. And if you can’t provide it find someone who can, don’t make the pet miserable because your too ignorant to give it to someone who can enjoy it.

Also, if you are searching for pet that could be found at a local humane society I would strongly suggest you would look their first. Daily hundreds of animals are put down because their not adopted, so please, check your local animal shelter, and save an animals live.

I hope and pray that everyone who reads this realizes the importance of proper care and love to each and every animal.

Remember. animals have no voice, we must be theirs if you know anyone abusing or neglecting an animal report them, animals DO NOT deserve that kind of treatment.

Thank You & Happy Holidays to you and your pets!
    Meredith

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. TheCrazyGeckoDude

TheCrazyGeckoDude Embryo

This should be pinned in a more main section because I think it effects every pet. Also anyone who goes to this site is already doing research so that is great for any new pet owner.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. deydey

deydey Member

Good points but I think the majority of people on this site love for their animals and wouldn't dream of the things you'r saying so in a way your saying this to the wrong crowd.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. DaKing25

DaKing25 New Member

Well there are people who mean no harm, but they just don't realize the consequences of their actions.