Found a turtle today!

Discussion in 'Turtles' started by biochic, May 18, 2004.

1. biochic

biochic Well-Known Member

we're visiting my sister this week in Nashville, and I was in the living room right after a thundertorm and my mom and sis were on the patio. I here them yell my name and thought I heard someone say turtle. I walk out and they tell me the cat has a turtle he's sneaking up on and my sis is woried it's snapper and it might hurt the cat if he messes with it. I go over to check and it's an eastern box turtle! He was chowing down on a snail, shell and all, that must have come out after the rain. His carapace was about 6 inches and he looked really healthy. I brought him in to take some pictures (which I will upload as soon as I can) and then put him back out by the trees under some shrubs with a nice fresh fat strawberry, just in case, as a thank you for letting us take a closer look :) It's so nice when they come to you! Makes herping a lot less stressful but just as rewarding! LOL!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. cd

cd Member

That must have been so neat! Sometimes I hate living in the city. :) That was very nice of you to feed him after taking the pictures, and very respectful I think. I can't wait to see the pics!
    -Cristine

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. biochic

Hopefully I'll get them up tonight. I have to download all the drivers for my camera to my sister's comp and all that jazz. It just takes time and I'll have to do it eventually. I'll have to check later to see if her ate any of it. When i let him go he still had snail shell on his chin! lol

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Well-Known Member

oh shut UP!! why do *you* get to have all the fun!?!?! :pouts:

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. biochic

AWWWW! Sorry Cyn! Technically i didn't find him, my mom did, so it's really not my 'find'. Does that make you feel any better?

Actually I take that back. Maverick, the cat, found him so it's his find! LOL!

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Hummingbird

NO that doesn't make it *better*!! you and maverick can bite me! [​IMG]

and WHY are NONE of my pics working on here!?!? it just says 'IMAGE" where the pic should be!! :roll:

12. biochic

must be the website you're linking from? i dunno!

13. Hummingbird

no it's my server and my pics are working, just checked 'em. it's rr.

figured it out - the pics are working, but i put in the wrong url - DUH!!! :roll:

14. biochic

lol! i've done worse!

15. Kiryu

Kiryu Embryo

Lucky!

16. coldbloodedkeeper

coldbloodedkeeper New Member

i live way out in the country and find stuff like that all the time. you are right it is very rewarding. i find turtles on the road and put them across it and wish them a safe journey, its a good feeling to know you saved a life. i realy like the country but wish i had access to the city as well:{. i had a water turtle i found for two weeks and let him go where i found him told him thank you and he seemed to smile and say urwelcome then i watched him go on his/her way. it made me happy to see him go but sad too.
    "When i let him go he still had snail shell on his chin! lol"
    thats cute isnt it. my turtles are very messy eaters and sometimes wander around for an hour with worm guts on their face or juicy little pieces of fruit. sometimes i wipe there mouth for them if they cant get it.

17. coldbloodedkeeper

i live way out in the country and find stuff like that all the time. you are right it is very rewarding. i find turtles on the road and put them across it and wish them a safe journey, its a good feeling to know you saved a life. i realy like the country but wish i had access to the city as well:{. i had a water turtle i found for two weeks and let him go where i found him told him thank you and he seemed to smile and say urwelcome then i watched him go on his/her way. it made me happy to see him go but sad too.
    "When i let him go he still had snail shell on his chin! lol"
    thats cute isnt it. my turtles are very messy eaters and sometimes wander around for an hour with worm guts on their face or juicy little pieces of fruit. sometimes i wipe there mouth for them if they cant get it.

18. blink

blink New Member

we live right near a cemetary( if you climb the fence in our backyard, you'd be inside the cemetary)...anyway they have several ponds thoughout the land and its nice to go walking during the summer. Its a beatiful cemetary and I usually see turtles basking in the sunlight.

19. herpslave

herpslave Member

I live in washington, And Im by a small and I mean very small patch of what used to be woods and grazeland like thigns. Lots of rocks. I found a huge bullsnake ou there it was so cool! And my dog "Autumn" found a marmmot in the rocks and tried to eat it. She broke the leash And collar off trying to get it. She almost jumped off the cliff for it

20. coldbloodedkeeper

blink, speaking of cemetary the one down the road here has one specific tree that gets blue foggy stuff on foggy nights sometimes but it has it every halloween. is that kinda creepy to anyone else??