Frilled dragon needs a good home and experienced owner in Maryland- PLEASE READ!

Discussion in 'Animal Adoptions' started by SoJocelynWasLike, Jan 25, 2009.

1. SoJocelynWasLike

SoJocelynWasLike New Member

[​IMG]

Young male, about 2 years old, has some battle scars from growing up in a pet store, but he's in good shape (a beautiful animal), eats well, and has alot of energy.

In the intrest of full disclosure, I feel like I need to explain why I'm looking for a new home for him:
    When I first saw him at the pet store, I saw him and thought he was the most gorgeous animal I had ever seen. I had already researched caring for a frilled and had had several beardies. I had planned on buying another beardie that day, but when I saw this animal I fell in love.

When I handled him he was not aggressive towards me but still wild, but the man in the store told me that he was just scared because of all the commotion, and he would calm down. He never did calm down, though, and instead of taking home a loving pet lizard, I ended up with a predator, which is more than I can handle.

Chet needs an owner who doesn't mind having a badass animal that doesn't like being handled. He's a little bit too much for me, the cuddly beardie owner, and I feel like it's not right for me to keep him anymore.

In addition, my family isn't doing so well financially, and feeding him in addition to all my other animals is really breaking my bank. Plus he needs a bigger enclosure, which I cannot afford (Unfortunately I cannot offer an enclosure to go with him).

Chet is a wonderful, awesome animal, and as much as I hate to part with him, I may eventually be forced to send him to a shelter where he could be euthanized. I owe it to Chet to find him a good home. Please email me at Sojocelynwaslike@aim.com!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Shanna66

Shanna66 Well-Known Member

i have no idea the care for one so could you give me a rundown of what someone would need to take him in? and where do you live? this guys personality seems right up my ally, i usually go for the mean and shy animals when picking out a pet. ill have to ask my dad and/or boyfriend first of course.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. VividDragon

VividDragon New Member

Did you find a home for him yet?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. SoJocelynWasLike

SoJocelynWasLike New Member

Good news, Chet found a home! His new owner is the crocodile hunter type who can handle his grumpy demeanor and has the time to teach him some manners. She has another frilled which she trained to walk on a leash (no, really!) as well as countless other lizards. He's living the life in a 200+ gallon terrarium, which is certainly more than I could have ever given him. We're corresponding via email and I'm allowed to see him whenever I want (she lives rather close to me), and she says he's coming along nicely. A happy ending for everyone involved. =]

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

:) :) GREAT!! :( :)