Gartar snakes RIP

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by nathanjburt, Jan 28, 2003.

1. nathanjburt

nathanjburt New Member

Tasha and I had bought 4 baby gartars. We had only had them for about 2 weeks so we don't have any pictures of them. But they died of a disease that the whole batch had caught from the pet shop they came from ;) Thankfully the shop has closed down now because of poor hygein. So I would like to say goodbye to Bob, Kenny, Taz and silvester.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. hobotramp

hobotramp Member

Sorry to hear that. I'm sure you guys tried your best for the little guys.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. CheriS

CheriS Is well known here

That is sad. Where are you located? We heard there was a pet shop in California that lost their entire reptile stock to a virus a few weeks ago :)

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. nathanjburt

nathanjburt New Member

We are from the UK. There are not many reptile shops around here, but when there is a shop that comes along most of the people have no clue on what to do. I know very little about reptiles on a whole but I seem to know more then a lot of the shops do and that is worrying.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. natashaccollins

natashaccollins Member

They were our first reptiles :) I was so upset when they had died. But they are burried at the bottom of the garden where they are safe. I complained to the pet shop and asked for my money back but they said they didn't do refunds. Thankfully they have closed down now.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. nathanjburt

nathanjburt New Member

I think everyone is happy they closed down (except the people that worked there). All the animals that were still there before they closed have good homes now. Tasha and I have some of the reptiles that were there and they are happy and healthy. and our friends have the rest :) The only animls that died were all the snakes as they were all kept close together :)

12. natashaccollins

natashaccollins Member

It is very sad. I can not beleive that the shop managed to stay open for so long. I can only guess it was because not many people round here know much about reptiles.

13. blessedbe

blessedbe Embryo

I'm SO GLAD to hear a GOOD ending to a sad story,but maybe it was meant to happen that way so ya'll could be there for the rest of the reptiles!!!!TAKE CARE!!!
    Tonya