Georgia laws?

Discussion in 'Reptile Law & Legislation' started by rebel, Jul 26, 2004.

1. rebel

rebel Embryo

Does anyone know how the laws go in Georgia for corn snakes. I talked to a breeder and they said the morphs like red albinos were ok because they are not generally found in the wild like that. but some sites says any morph of the corn snake is a nono in georgia. does anyone know for sure. thanks.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Elliott

Elliott Embryo

Hi
    I know for a fact that is is unlawful to own, or posess as a pet, any native, non-venomous snake in Georgia.
    On the other hand... native, venomous, snakes are entirely Ok to own or posses as a pet in Georgia
    Go figure
    Elliott's Dad

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. bxredkilla973

bxredkilla973 New Member

so i know this sounds stupid to be asking but does that mean i cant bring my corn snake when i move to GA? and what do you mean native like i cant buy one from GA or i cant have one at all as a pet in general in GA??

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. UltimateFX

UltimateFX Member

It means that you cant own any snake that lives in the area. I believe corns live in the south so they are native to the area.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Ohana

Ohana New Member

GA Laws:

http://georgiawildlife.dnr.state.ga.us/con...6&txtPage=2

This outlines everything that you can't legally have or that you need a permit to own. The above link has contact information if you wanted to find out for sure about transporting your corn. They say to contact the GA Dept. of Natural Resources Special Permit Unit.

Good Luck...