Getting a Bearded Dragon.

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by beau begley, Dec 30, 2012.

1. beau begley

beau begley Embryo

II rescued one that was being hurt by the other beardies, I do have experience, and I know a breeder that is giving one to me, I just want to know what I should look for that shows the beardie is in good or bad health, thanks.

- Beau

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. JessicaMyott

JessicaMyott New Member

She will definitely tell you. she's honest.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Alert, active, responsive, and feeding well. The eyes, ears and vent should be clear, and there shouldn't be any obvious (fresh) wounds or stuck shed. The dragon should be about the same size as the rest of clutch. Toe nips or tail nips may have resulted from the bullying by other dragons, so be prepared for that, but know that beardie's can live perfectly healthy lives with nips.

Avoid a dragon that is lethargic, head down or sleeping during the day...and otherwise less responsive. Stressed animals are more suceptible to disease which can require a lot of effort and funding to remedy.

JessicaMyott likes this.
  6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Sharman Wisdom

Sharman Wisdom HOTM Winner December

I have a bearded dragon that had it's tail and arm chewed on. The arm is completely healed and the tail is a stub that has not started to grow back. Otherwise a healthy dragon.