getting a crested

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus (Crested) Geckos' started by Shanna66, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Shanna66

Shanna66 Well-Known Member

i was going to look into getting an adult, but my sister wants me to get a baby, so ill probably get a juvie, right in the middle ^.^ i think i may wait till next fall because i will go away for a week at the end of june and my boyfriend cant take care of a reptile, and my usual herp sitter is comming with me. plus that will give me some more time to look up more on them and get a tank set up for one.
    they are so cute though, i cant wait to get one. stupid thinking ahead. do you have any pics of your sleeping? because it just sounds so weird. and do their feet feel sticky on your hand?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Tiny_Hendrix

Tiny_Hendrix Member

Their feet aren't like gooey sticky, it's more like a suction. It's actually pretty neat.

It's usually pretty hard to get a picture of them sleeping, since you will mostly find them between leaves of plants. Anyways I tried my best and don't know if you can tell, it's not like their eyes go in the back of their heads, just dent in a little.

Harley sleeping,
    [​IMG]

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. unrealjill

unrealjill Well-Known Member

good photo jess - pretty much sums up how you find them... look for the most difficult, hidden bit of the viv and that's usually where they are sleeping

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Shanna66

lol, weird. he is cute, what morph is that?

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Tiny_Hendrix

Tiny_Hendrix Member

Thanks Jill and you're totally right. It's quite a task to find them. Kind of reminds me of playing hide-in-seek.

He's not fired up in that pic, but I've come to the conclusion that he's a Harlequin. Which I cheated and used that as his name cause well I like it and it works out.

He's actually really dark in the pic in my sig. But here's one of better quality.

Harley, Fired Up
    [​IMG]

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Shanna66

he is amazing. i think that may be the morph ill look into.

12. Tiny_Hendrix

Tiny_Hendrix Member

Thank you. I think all the morphs are pretty neat. I hope Evie keeps her Orange Tiger Reverse-pin morph. And if she is definitely a female, her and Harley might make some pretty neat looking offspring. Anyways we look forward to when you get your crestie. :) You'll definitely have to show him/her off :D

13. Shanna66

oh i will. gah! i just cant wait. i wish i could take one on vacation with me so i could go ahead and get one, but i think large dogs, small kids, and a 3 hour drive would be too much for the little guy.

14. Tiny_Hendrix

Tiny_Hendrix Member

Yeah, it's definitely best to bring him home to a stable environment, esp. the first few weeks when he will be getting use to his new home and all the surroundings. Moving around a lot and a bunch of curious little kids would definitely stress the little one out. The shipping process stresses them out enough. :D

15. Shanna66

i just wish i could trust my boyfriend to babysit but he has to touch everything. i dont think i would trust him with a baby anything XD