Good Or Bad??

Discussion in 'Monitors & Tegus' started by Reptile_Mann, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Razaiel

Razaiel New Member

Sounds like you're doing good with the chameleons - hope all the eggs hatch out well for you :D

Regarding monitors, I think it's a good idea you have about getting ackies first, they are the best starter monitor and what I would have started with rather than a sav if mine hadn't been an adoptee that was just left to me.

Best of luck.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Reptile_Mann

Reptile_Mann New Member

Yea i guess itll be better, ill try it.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Razaiel

Razaiel New Member

:D Actually, even though I have a sav, I still rather fancy having a couple of ackies later on.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Reptile_Mann

Reptile_Mann New Member

Well after the expo i am going to get a job right away because in my life their is alot of things i need to buy reptile wise and for myself so this is my plan after the expo which is in 9 more days, i cannot wait. I hope to get a green tree python, a jungle carpet python a crested gecko and some suplies, annd if i have enough money which i think not i wanna get a couple of dart frogs and their supplies, oh and trust me i have done my reseach and homework on these guys.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. JBCT

JBCT New Member

Getting a job would be a good idea with that crew :)

Im going to suggest it again. Get pairs! Or even trios. Otherwise you're gonna wind up with a room of solitary animals and then you may want to breed them and will have to go around finding mates. Adults of some species arent always available and if they are they can be expensive for the high end stuff. So if you get your pairs they will grow together and you will be all set. Plus you will know the animals history since you raised it yourself. Many people, myself included, are a cautious about buying adult animals. Unless you you buy from someone you know or a very reputable dealer/breeder you really have no idea about the animals history.

Just a suggestion I mean you have to do what makes you happy. If you want single animals okie dokie but I would wager based on your posts that in the long run you will be happier with pairs.

If I were you I would go for a nice pair of jungle carpets.

Friendly advice, take it as you will.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Reptile_Mann

Reptile_Mann New Member

Ok well heres the dealio, i have pairs for everybody already, i heard it was ok so i am going to crossbreed a JCP with the GTP, its going to be hard but its possible, plus they are magnificant if hatched as that crossbreed and i can get 2000 for each baby i sell, good eh. Now for the crestie, my friend is buying a female adult and im buying a male adult, me and him want to do a breeding project. So their we have it, what do you think??