Good or bad?

Discussion in 'Tokay Geckos' started by kazmar, Apr 15, 2008.

1. kazmar

kazmar New Member

We've had our tokay for about 3 weeks now, and she has calmed down significantly. I haven't heard her bark for about a week now, and she hasn't tried to bite for a while, either. She has let several different people hold her without problem, and we take her out almsot every day for about an hour. I read a thread that says that being calm might be a sign of sickness. I don't know if she was CB or WC, but we got her from a mom and pop pet store that's about an hour away. Are they usually CB from pet stores? She still seems alert, and is eating sometimes 10 crickets a night. How many do they usually eat? My husband doesn't believe me that they should eat as many as they want to. She hangs out on the floor of her cage every once in a while, but still sticks to the walls. Her poo is normal, and often :wink: . Her temps always stay around 80 (day and night). Is that right?

She also has a scale on her head that looks like it didn't come off during her last shed. And she hasn't shed since we got her. How often are they supposed to shed? We keep her cage nice and humid, so she should be okay, right?

She looks like she hasn't been losing weight or anything, and she looks healthy to me. I'll post a picture as soon as I can figure out how to get them off my digital camera :) .
    I guess I'm a little paranoid with my animals, but any info you can give me will be appreciated!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. brendywendy

brendywendy Well-Known Member

sounds good to me
    like she has just settled down

my tokay got a little fat feeding as many as he wanted, but that was when he was fully grown

im sure it wont hurt while the dude is growing

i dleave the shed to come off naturally
    if its seeming to cause him upset then maybe damp Qtip it off, but id wait myself