Good snake for my grilfriend (A pretty one) ha

Discussion in 'General Snakes' started by absolutsublime, Dec 7, 2006.

1. absolutsublime

absolutsublime Embryo

Im getting a snake for my grilfriend for x mas but she wants a pretty girlie one. Just seeing if anyone knows of any snakes with colors that you would think girls would like. Thanks Garrett

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. DreamingOfDragons

DreamingOfDragons Member

corn snakes come in lots of colors and patterns and their not that hard to care for(this site has care sheet for them..which you should read before getting said snake).

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. absolutsublime

absolutsublime Embryo

are there specific types of cornsnakes with diffferent colors

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. favrefan12

favrefan12 Member

In a word, yes. There are many many many different types and colors of corn snakes. Just browse this forum a little to get an idea.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. DreamingOfDragons

DreamingOfDragons Member

a corn snake is a corn snake its just that they have different colors and patterns not a different species.

and just to name some "morphs" as their called, there are Anerythristic(sp?), Anery Motley, Amelanistic, Amel Motley, Snow, Snow Motley, Bubblegum Snow, Coral snow, Avalanche(snow bloodred), blizzard, WhiteOut(blizzard bloodred), bloodred, Fire(amel bloodred), Granite(anery bloodred), Ghost, Ghost Motley, Sunglow(i have one of these), Sunglow Motley, Okeetee, Sunkissed, Miami, SunCream/Harvest, Pastel, Pastel Motley, GoldDust, Lavender, Lavender Bloodred(mucho expensive like $650.00each), Opal, Blopal(opal bloodred), Caramel, Caramel Motley, Butter, Butter Motley, and of course the wonderful and beautiful Normal.

There are TONS more morphs i just don't feel like trying to name them all since theres so many.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. absolutsublime

absolutsublime Embryo

well thank you all

12. punkrck1013

punkrck1013 Member

Well considering I am a girl and I like girly snakes, I would agree going with a corn. But there are some really nice looking kingsnakes too. My first snake was an Arizona Mtn. King. My boyfriend put me in charge of picking it out and he told me to make sure I didn't get a "cute" one. Of course I did though, we both LOVE the snake, even he calls it cute, lol. So much for being manly, but Yeah, I would go with a corn or kingsnake, both have similar care, fairly easy, and pretty friendly too.

Good luck and be sure to post pics when you finally decide!!

13. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 ReptileBoards Addict

14. Bodie

Bodie New Member

I would go with corns. Pretty colors to choose from and easy snakes to start out with.

15. reako45

reako45 Member

Whoah! Hold on a minute! Nobody here has mentioned one of the most beautiful snakes in the western hemisphere --- Variable Kingsnakes (L.m. thayeri)! Now, I like cornsnakes. They're good snakes, but IMHO I've seen quite a few "regular" Variable Kings that would put even some of the most "exotic" cornsnake morphs to shame! Some of those things look like painted toys, esp the leonis phase. Punkrck1013 got me thinking when she mentioned pyros. I agree they're beauts, and so are Milksnakes, but I couldn't believe no one mentioned thayeri. You'll pay a bit more for a hatchling thayeri than you would a corn ($75-$80), but they're worth it. Check out some of the pics on the mexicana king site @ www.kingsnake.com .

reako45

16. Cira

Cira Member

I'll add my vote for a corn snake. They come in a huge variety of colors. I personally think the snows are the most beautiful. Check out some of the breeder sites.

17. Herp__Kid

Herp__Kid Member

What about lavender corns? Ohh and moreptiles.com has a good photo gallery

18. bearded_dragon_man

bearded_dragon_man Member

19. 00luke00

00luke00 Well-Known Member

What did you go for in the end?

20. absolutsublime

absolutsublime Embryo

actually my girlfriend and me where looking at both and she liked alot of them but shes not ready just yet. ill be sure to post pics when the time comes hopefully sooner then later again thanks for the info