Goodbye Freckles

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by Gordon_Gekko, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Gordon_Gekko

Gordon_Gekko New Member

I don't know if anyone remembers Freckles she was a blizzard I got nearly a year ago. She was always a little skinny and couldn't seem to put on weight. Two local vets did tests (parasites etc.) said they couldn't find anything physically wrong with her but her weight was always low. Then around a month ago she suddenly lost so much weight it was heartbreaking. Her tail although never fat was whip thin and she could barely move around. I have spent the last 10 days or so trying to drip feed her slurry. She was taking it but not enough. Then on Friday she lay in my hand while I was feeding her, squinted her eyes twice and died.
    No idead what was wrong with her to this day. I have another gecko (Gordon) who is fat and healthy and I treated them both in exactly the same way. Sometimes I guess it just happens ;)

[​IMG]

Bluesman

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. blackbeltgecko

blackbeltgecko Embryo

Wow... I have had lots of pets die in my hands, I know how hard it is. Rest In Peace Freckles.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. idol1

idol1 New Member

may we remember freckles as a wonderful leo and to have much fun up in the big cage in the sky. :D

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. dogking

dogking HOTM Winner September

rest in peace freckles. and i know what you mean because yesterday i had to watch the life being sucked out of my baby beardie.