Got Ink?

Discussion in 'Photos & Photography' started by iLLwiLL, Nov 11, 2005.

1. Ash19

Ash19 Well-Known Member

RE: Tattoos anyone?

Oooo Jack Skeleton! I LOVE Nightmare Before Xmas tats. Very cool. They're very addicting. I'm planning on a third one as soon as I have extra cash. I was thinking my birth sign on my hip or maybe like a tribal lion head.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. DracoTheSnako

DracoTheSnako New Member

I only have my ears pierced and my belly button. I will be getting a few tattoo's in the future but can't decide on what I want. I wish I could design one myself but I'm not a good artist.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. tkmofo

tkmofo New Member

If you have any artistic friends you could see if they are willing to help out. I've drawn a few little ones for some people. I still have one I drew years ago for myself... a tribal design that incorporates my zodiac (aries) in the middle... I'm still waiting to get that one done. Can't decide where it should go though.... I also want to get a tattoo of my son's footprints from the day he was born - I can't believe how tiny he was then!

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Ash19

Ash19 Well-Known Member

Omg so cute! That's a great idea. I was going to do something similar with my cat, who I had to put down a few years ago. Get her paw prints with her name underneath. Do you have a pic with that tribal design with your sign in the middle? I'd love to see. Sounds really cool!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Cerus

Cerus Well-Known Member

Guess I'll post my picture even though I haven't gotten around to having my dumb mistake filled in. I was young and stupid (17, no offense to the younger members here) when I got it. I also have three piercings in my left ear.

The design goes all the way around my upper bicep, took about five hours from the initial design to finished and cost about $275. The name was a last minute addition at the suggestion of a friend.

[​IMG]

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Ria

Ria Member

I have three tattoos, A plain black star on the outside of my right wrist; a design of my own which incorporates an ankh and two symbolic snakes on the inside of my left forearm and a Nicaraguan banded gecko on my back. I also have my lip and my nipple pierced. I plan on getting more ear piercings done. I had a rook but it gave me loads of trouble so I took it out.

Here is a picture of my gecko, it looks a little warped to me, probably because I was lying on my side while the pic was taken. The highlighting has all faded now, but I need to get my ankh touched up, so I might get some white put back into the gecko when I have money :)

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b69/alli...kki-closeup.jpg

12. Zombie

Zombie Well-Known Member

Ria did you get your tattoo in brighton? If so i can recomend somewhere (that i go) if you need anything touched up or anything.

13. tkmofo

tkmofo New Member

One of my roommates just recently got a cat paw print tattoo... at first she couldn't decide where to put it... so I suggested the back of her neck, which she went with and I gotta admit it looks pretty damn cool! Just a single print, not too big... I think it's a black outline, colored in w/ purple, which makes it pop but doesn't go overboard (if it was all black I think it would be too dark). But anyway, where were you gonna put the paws? Lol I don’t think I’d be able to get my cat Mack Daddy to cooperate if I tried to get his prints. He’s probably want to play too much and purposely wipe ink on my face

I've got that tribal design somewhere around here, when I find it I'll be sure to scan it in. Maybe it'll look good as an avatar

14. tkmofo

tkmofo New Member

Hey Ria what's a rook? Sorry, I don't know all the piercing terms. I've got my left cartilage and tongue pierced. Had 'em both for years -- I can't ever sit still so my tongue ring gives me something to play with. Besides, there ain't nothin like a couple o balls in the mouth, especially when they glow in the dark! lol. The ladies seem to like it too, but I won't go into those details...

15. Ash19

Ash19 Well-Known Member

Lmao ahhh tk :p I was going to put the paw prints on my back I think. Probably my left shoulder blade. I wanted to ask if you could design something similar to the design you made but with my birth sign. It sounds like a combo of what i was looking to get. Tribal and my birth sign. If you don't want to, it's cool though :)

16. Zombie

Zombie Well-Known Member

tkmofo - A rook is a part of your ear, its under your cartilage

17. irishdevil

irishdevil New Member

I have a she devil with pigtails on my left shoulder blade ,my sisters design. Egyptian hierglphics on my right bicep.
    And my husband's name in Runes on my arse. Planning to get more. And my tongue is pirced.

18. tkmofo

tkmofo New Member

Ah.. I think I know where the rook is... is it that little "flap" that covers up the earhole... closest to the face, next to where sideburns would be? Don't know how else to describe what I'm picturing, but I know a few people who've had that done...

Ash I'd be more than happy to draw somethin up for you! Couple questions b4 I get started... what's your sign, where would you want the tattoo, how big, and how much would you want the sign to dominate the image (do you want it as the main focus, or discreetly incorporated into the tribal stuff)?

19. Zombie

Zombie Well-Known Member

This is a Rook.

[​IMG]

20. tkmofo

tkmofo New Member

thanks zombie

21. Zombie

Zombie Well-Known Member

Antime. :D

22. Ash19

Ash19 Well-Known Member

Awwww yay! Thanks a lot tk :D My birth sign is Leo. I'd like to get it on my hip. So not too big. Maybe an inch in diameter or so. And I'm not sure about the last one. Would it look better to have it dominate the tribal design? I'm leaning towards that. I really appreciate this ! :D

23. Dragon_Girl

Dragon_Girl Member

WOW you guys all have awsome tatoos. my fav is the japanese ones, then the gecko then the black flames. i have no tatoos. i have a scar from rollerblading, but im sure that dosent count. i almost got a cross on my shoulder but i asked my mentor what he thought and he send me like a page long email on what he thinks about it. and needless to say he changed my mind. i cant even remmeber what he said! pretty lame i know! well bye thanks! of and the usmc one was awsome my bros in the marines just got back from iraq 2wks ago! bye *waves*

24. Fearl3ss465

Fearl3ss465 Member

I want one with a bearded dragon blowing flames and I want the flames to say Dont Mess

25. irishdevil

irishdevil New Member

[​IMG][/img]

Here's an diagram for ear piercings, hopefully will be helpful when talking about who is pierced where.