Got to see...

Discussion in 'Anoles' started by Camillo, Aug 29, 2002.

1. Camillo

Camillo New Member

I got to see Cammy laying her fourth egg. This is really kewl, since I had no idea what actually went on. I'll try and describe it for those who have never seen it before.

First, she dug a hole into the vermiculite. Then *this is the weird part* she actually burrowed underground, did a 180, and popped her head back out. Once the egg was laid, she came back out and covered up the tunnel. A lot more involved than with turtles or... well, just about any other kind of reptile. They usually just dig a little bowl out of the ground, lay the eggs, and then cover it up.

I know that Cammy has been really different from most anoles, so is this how it happened for you, Axe?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

That's basically it yup.

Congratulations... it's a wonderful sight to see huh? :)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Camillo

Camillo New Member

Yeah. Well, it usually happens like that. Occasionally, she'll just stay there and lay the egg. :)

I actually got it on video. Well, the part where she went underground and laid the egg; I missed where she started to dig. I would have gotten the whole thing, but my computer's slow. Oh, well. It's neat anyway. My only regret is that I wish I could've gotten a better angle for it.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Well, fingers crossed you get some decent video next time. Can't wait til we've got all the beardies laying eggs next year so I can get some of that on video :)