GOTM November 2008

Discussion in 'Archived Posts' started by 00luke00, Nov 11, 2008.

1. 00luke00

00luke00 Well-Known Member

GOTM 2008

Information:

GOTM 2008 is a friendly, forum-run contest, where members of the site can enter a picture of their Leopard Gecko, which will be voted on by members of the site on a knock-out style competition. Pictures will be entered into the GOTM threads, and votes will be made in the thread, or can be sent to myself, if you wish these to stay confidential. The top ten of the pictures will then go into a new thread, which will include a poll, as so members can vote via this way. Below is the expected structure / time frame of the competition.

1st-7th Entry thread opens.
    8th-14th Members vote based either in the thread by making a post, or by PMing myself.
    15th-22nd Top ten photos from the previous thread are entered into a new thread.
    22nd-25th Members have three days in which to vote via a poll on the top ten photos from the previous thread.
    25th-29th Top three photos from the previous thread will be entered into a new thread, and the poll will be closed around 10PM GMT on the 29th of the month.

The winner will then be announced in that thread, and also a winners thread in the Archived Forum. The winner will receive the "Gecko Of The Month Winner" rank for a period of three months. The winner will also choose the theme for the next months contest.

Contests will run on a monthly basis, and the dates above are subject to change.

Rules:

Winners may not enter more than once in a three month period. For example, if you entered in January, and won, you couldn't enter again until April.

Members may vote ONCE. Any members found to be creating accounts to vote, will be warned, and their votes voided, and their privilege to enter the competition will be removed. Remember, this competition is meant to bring fun to the forum, don't spoil it.

Members are encouraged to post pictures of a reasonable quality. If pictures of bad quality are posted, members are reminded that the likelihood that these will get far in the competition is very low.

One photo entry PER member only. Members may not enter more than one photo.

Please make sure that the photo size rules in place on this site are adhered to - a maximum of 640 pixels on the longest edge e.g. 640x480 pixels(or 480x640 portrait). Any help needed with this, PM a mod.

Other than that, have fun, and good luck! :)

PLEASE NOTE, ALL ENTRIES ARE TO BE POSTED INTO THIS THREAD. PLEASE KEEP COMMENTS TO A MINIMUM.

THE ABOVE RULES AND STRUCTURE OF THE COMPETITION WILL APPLY FROM NEXT MONTH, SEEING AS THIS MONTHS COMPETITION IS STARTING LATE. ALL ENTRIES TO BE RECIEVED BY THE 21ST THIS MONTH, THERE IS NO THEME. A POLL WILL THEN BE CREATED AND FURTHER DISCUSSION OF NEXT MONTHS THEME WILL GO FROM THERE. HAVE FUN!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. 00luke00

can we please ask any questions to do with the competition in this thread HERE thanks.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. spaceboy

spaceboy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

My leo Sushi right before a Shed :unsure:

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. mallyg

mallyg New Member

Here's one of Gizmo my 15 month old paternless female.
    Gizmo_sketch0.jpg

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. MimC

MimC Moderator

[​IMG]

Jeffrey Nothing - worlds biggest CLOWN!

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. 00luke00

Great entries so far, come on everyone else!

12. MimC

MimC Moderator

Maybe post an entry down in the regular leo forum that says its open - sometimes people skip over the top bits and dont realize when there is a new addition there?

13. 00luke00

Worth a shot i suppose, thanks :unsure:

14. imnotedible

imnotedible Embryo

This is Maru. She's rather large.

[​IMG]

Sleeping in her cave...

[​IMG]

15. unrealjill

unrealjill Well-Known Member

Pickle, my special little guy, saying hi (and hiding his belly behind the viv lip!! He was 119g when he left me for his new home back in May)

[​IMG]

16. caseyface

caseyface New Member

17. hippiegecko

hippiegecko New Member

crackerzz :D
    not edited or anything just came out like this whith their red light on i thott it looked kool
    [​IMG]
    plasma gecko lol

18. skorpac

skorpac Embryo

Leo says Heloo - 5 yeare old (male)
    [​IMG]

19. LeapinLizards

LeapinLizards New Member

I'm new on here, can I post an entry?

I hope so...I love this picture :D
    It's my little girl Clark, passed out on my hand after feeding her. She was very weak and malnourished when I got her.
    [​IMG]

20. unrealjill

unrealjill Well-Known Member

Of course you can enter Heather! It's always nice to have the newbies taking part. Welcome to RR and welcome to GOTM!

21. LittleLouie

LittleLouie Well-Known Member

Wow! Lots of lovely leo photos, and I'm not too late to enter!

Here is an old photo of Boo that I dug out.

[​IMG]

22. 00luke00

Thanks for all the entries guys, thread is now locked and the voting thread will be up asap.

Luke

23. 00luke00

My sincere apologies for not getting to do this. It will be up tomorrow.

24. 00luke00

again my apologies for not getting this up when i said it woudl be i have been unable to get to a pc and i'm doing this through a mobile device and im not able to put the whole thread up via this method. I will have more time next week or maybe over the weekend seeing as things are starting to calm down due to the festive season .

25. LeapinLizards

LeapinLizards New Member

Am I correct in assuming this is not going to happen? Lol it's been almost 2 months since the contest closed.