Green anole eggs, why won't they hatch?

Discussion in 'Anoles' started by TokayLover, Apr 7, 2004.

1. TokayLover

TokayLover New Member

Well, my anoles' eggs won't hatch. I have the right temp., & everything, but they just won't hatch! I'd move them, but I can never find them & I'm afraid if I DO move them it would desturb them & they wouldn't hatch. Now Draco, my tokay, is in the tank, but doesn't bother them. They live in complete peace together. He sticks by the sick ones, as he's taking care of them. So, should I try different bedding, different lighting, or what? Please help!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. xfinaldreamz

xfinaldreamz New Member

Sometimes it takes a while for anole eggs to hatch...

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. hobotramp

hobotramp Member

What substrate are you incubating in and what are the temps and humidity level?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Spoony

Spoony Embryo

For all of your anole egg questions, I sugest you read this- http://www.kingsnake.com/anolecare/30.htm.
    It is a simple easy read. The information you want is down near the bottom, and it will also tell you about raising the hatchlings.

Female anoles are also capable of dropping infertile eggs, even if they haven't mated or been kept with other anoles.
    The eggs that are infertile are yellowish in color.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Derek

Derek Member

Just do not move the eggs too much if you turn the egg over there’s a good chance they will die