Green anole sleeping all the time ?

Discussion in 'Anoles' started by Jimmy Duke, Sep 2, 2013.

?

How do I get humidity at its correct level ?

1. Using the wronge bulb

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. He's lazy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jimmy Duke

Jimmy Duke Embryo

Hello, I recently got a green anole. At first i had him in a small cage, than transferred him into a 10 gal. Tank. I have every thing he needs in the tank, but I am worried because he is always in one spot, with his eyes closed. The temp if at a perfect degree, but the humidity is very low. I'm thinking that's the problem. It's at 37% and I have no idea how to get it to its proper number. I use a regular heat lamp at night, and a LED light through out the day. He eats, and his reflects are perfectly fine. He's his normal color. I'm wondering if I'm using the wronge bulb/light. He seemed very active when I had him in the small cage, never slept. I'm thinking he is either lazy, or Hasent slept in so long that he is just so tired. Please help me on how to get humidity up in his tank, and what bulb to use, thanks !

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Tim3skimo

Tim3skimo New Member

Hi, I think you might not have everything you need.

Anoles need to be in a daily temperature range of approximately 75-86ºF / 24–30ºC. Use full spectrum lighting to ensure the healthy development of anoles. The night time temperature can drop to 68ºF / 20ºC but no lower.

A good quality UVB bulb should be used for around 14 hours per day. This allows the anoles to synthesize vitamin D3. Anecdotally-speaking, I've found that their colors don't seem to be as bright without UV lighting, and their lifespans reduced.

A heat mat is the best for heat in my opinion, but I live in a climate that can be HOT one day and freezing cold at night, desert nights.

High humiditylevels are important too, achieved through regular misting and perhaps a dripper or a water feature. Also be sure to supply adequate fresh air. 60%-70%. I hope I helped :) So tropical reptiles enjoy high humidity and good heat, plus that UVB.

Cammy likes this.