Green Anole with black stripes on head???

Discussion in 'Anoles' started by Camillo, Jul 27, 2002.

1. Camillo

Camillo New Member

This is about Cammy. A while back, she had black stripes on the top of her head. I'm not talking about those black marks anoles get behind their eyes when they're overly stressed, upset, angry, territorial, etc.

On the top of her head, where the skull bulges to make room for the eye sockets, there were black marks on her skin. It didn't look like the skin was burnt, but it looked like the top layer was. After a while, it grew a little bit. Now, it's all gone. It looked kind of like a lot of parietal eyes growing. Any idea what it was?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. CheriS

CheriS Is well known here

I am totally lost on this one, i have never observed what you describe. maybe axe can shed some light on this.

Sorry

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Camillo

Camillo New Member

If I could put some pictures on here, I would. However, none of the pictures I have already uploaded show it well, and Tripod has suddenly stopped working for me. Go figure. I'll go ahead and send a couple pictures to you of what it looked like.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

It could just be that it was simply stained, or had something dried onto it, and it came off with the next shed.

One of our dragons had some food stuck to her head that had totally dried in and wouldn't come off through cleaning. Next shed though, it was totally clear :)

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Camillo

Camillo New Member

I dunno. When it first started, it was rather small. Then it started spreading, almost like a rash. It seemed to grow with her first shed, and then it just... disappeared. *shrugs* Oh, well. She and Dezzy are fine. Neither of them is sick, so Dezzy didn't get whatever it was, and Cammy didn't suffer from it. So it's all good.:)

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Have you taken a poop test to the vet to see if anything showed up in that? Or taken the ahnole to have a look-over by your vet?

If she's ok now though, I probably wouldn't worry about it. Just keep an eye out though and be ready to go to the vet if it comes back.

12. pastleyellowleo

pastleyellowleo New Member

it sounds like it could have been some kind of infection