~*growing triops*~ '?s'

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by croc_gator_rebeccak3, Feb 15, 2007.

1. croc_gator_rebeccak3

croc_gator_rebeccak3 Well-Known Member

hey i have triop eggs and triop food and i was just wanting to know if any one has them, raised them, and grown them.

if so may i have some suggestions on how to care for them.... if it seems hard i might just get hermit crabs.... lol.

care sheets are accepted (an easy one please that a child could read)

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. severenecrovomit

severenecrovomit New Member

RE: ~*growing triops*~

are you talking about sea monkeys? I have had them in the past, and i actually bought a packet of eggs and such not too long ago, but i didnt have a container that had magnifying type sides so i never hatched them. as far as care goes you can just google triops or sea monkeys and im sure there is a care sheet available.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. plmarsg8

plmarsg8 Well-Known Member

arent they like brine shrimp or something?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. beezneez

beezneez Member

I used to have them when i was like 7, but i don't really remember hatching them. I think i pretty much just put them in the water and they hatched. Its not really hard to do. I moved from that house and left the seamonkeys there, but my grandpa still lived there and never touched them. When i went to visit 6 months later they were still alive. :( so its not really hard to do. Sorry if you werent talking about seamonkeys, I was just going by what severenecrovomit was saying.

P.S. Just was wondering, did you get the idea to get them from watching southpark on Thursday night? lol

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. croc_gator_rebeccak3

croc_gator_rebeccak3 Well-Known Member

no, they are sea moneys they are shrimps.... go to google and type in "triops" in images and you will see what i am talking about. they look pretty cool.

and if i get a hermit crab how many could fit in a 5 gallon? if it is not big enough i will just stick to tetras.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. severenecrovomit

severenecrovomit New Member

12. c3powil

c3powil New Member

I tried them twice and they never worked.

13. Bex190

Bex190 Member

I got some triops a couple of years ago. only one made it to full size but it was HUGE and survived with very little care or attention at times!

14. 00luke00

00luke00 Well-Known Member

Yeh, they are pretty *easy* to look after.