GTP or something else?

Discussion in 'Other Pythons' started by newlander85, May 15, 2007.

1. HerpsinIn

HerpsinIn New Member

Have you checked her for mites? Constant soaking in water could be due to a mite infestation. Also, describe this "white stuff". Are you saying it came out of her cloaca? Was it a liquid or more like a dust? if it is a dry matter that could also be from mites. Look in the water dish for dead mites and check the eyes as mites tend to burrow in the eye (well between the eye and the skin). Is there any raised scales?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Collard

Collard Member

The stomach is the easiest place to find most of them. You can see little black dots all under their scales. Watch the substrate too, if you see a white dust like stuff appear its eggs, you'll know you def have mites then. They are really hard to get rid of, and with her being stressed out from the move, you really need to be sure and let her rest for as long as you can. Holding her, as tempting as it is, could stress her out enough to where she won't eat. When I got my latest additions, the ATB's, it was SOooo hard to leave them alone, and not hold them! But after they settled in well, we've been holding them every day other than the day after feeding, and they are doing VERY well! Good luck with her though! She is very beautiful!! ;)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. newlander85

newlander85 New Member

yeah umm, sorry, havent been home all day i was at work, when i got home she is in a different position in her water bowl. she seems to be doing fine, im going to check her out here in a second and see if there is anything on her. as to her "white stuff" yes that was poop, she kinda opened up and pushed a little out on me and it was the most terrible smell, i was like whoa haha. umm the other thing i forgot to mention is wheni was checking her at the store she had a little patch of slightly lighter colored scales right under her mouth they didnt look bad, just different color than all the rest, ill get a picture again when i take her out in a few minutes...im letting her get used to me outside the cage and me walkin round my room and such. umm i dont remember seeing any black things on her when i got her she looked beautiful. but ill again check real hard and see if i see anything on her, but i doubt im gonna find anything, she was a very good lookin snake. I went to work today and showed a couple of the guys i work with who are two times my age, some pictures of her on my camera.They agreed with me that she was beautiful. some of them used to be snake owners...speaking of which, what is like the minimum size on an enclosure for an adult dumerils? and is there a max size? cus the guy at work had an old wooden cage with locking plexi-glass doors on the front..i dont have the measurements off hand cus he didnt know the exact dementions, but he thought it was about 3 feet long and 2 ft high 15 inches wide is that even near big enough? cus i myself thought it was a bit small and i think i need something bigger input would be nice plz :(

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. newlander85

newlander85 New Member

btw it says 80 degrees in there and looks pretty moist where the substrate hits the glass its all water droplets on the side...umm also when do you think the earliest time would be to feed her, im pretty sure your supposed to wait a week so they get used to their environment and such, but i was planning on feeding her in a tupperware f/t heated up. dont know if that makes a difference..she was just fed on saturday said the seller, and feeding 1-2 times a week...im not sure if im going to start it on fuzzies, or hoppers.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. dumerillis_1986

dumerillis_1986 Well-Known Member

80 is WAY To low of a temp. WAY TO LOW. feed her in her cage not a separate container. and wait atleast a week before you try and feed her.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. newlander85

newlander85 New Member

why not in container i dont want her to associate feeding time with my hand in her cage for things other than feeding?

12. dumerillis_1986

that is a myth they do not associate you with feeding. Use tongs to feed her in her cage and use your hand to pick her up you will be fine..

13. willythegame16

willythegame16 Member

I feed all my snakes in their vivs with tongs anf they are all fine, 80 is too low for a dumerills i would crank it up a bit.

14. dumerillis_1986

You want like 90s on the hot side and low 80's on the warm side . with Humidity around 70-75%

15. newlander85

newlander85 New Member

when i said it was 80 that is on the cold side, actually luke warm side, cus the heating pad is under that side under the dish, then the hot side is the side with the heat lamp on it, i need to move the temperature gauge over to the hot side and see what temp is. ill check and get back too you

16. newlander85

newlander85 New Member

also gonna be posting up some pics of her. ON her belly she has small black markings but they are prevelent throughout her whole body. im pretty sure its just her design/markings. also she has a patch of lightly colored scales on the bottom of her mouth? is it anything i should be concerned about? ill try posting a picture but im not sure if i got a good one or not, and im not taking her out again.

17. dumerillis_1986

All dummys have those black spots/blotching along the side of them that kind of comes down a little into the belly. and the light colored scales under her mouth are normal to.

18. newlander85

newlander85 New Member

its 86 on the hot side at the moment

19. newlander85

newlander85 New Member

here are some pics--

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

enjoy!

20. newlander85

newlander85 New Member

pushing 88 now on the hot side !~

21. newlander85

newlander85 New Member

says its 90 on the hot side !!

22. dumerillis_1986

Each of my dumerilis have a 5' long x 1 1/2' wide by 2' Tall enclosure. when they are put together for breeding they are in one the same size.

23. newlander85

newlander85 New Member

k sweet, i think this cage ought to be big enough. Hes bringing it tomorrow for me. when i move her to her new cage, im gonna have an empty one, i was thinking of getting another snake or reptile to fill this cage. Not sure what i want to get tho, i like snakes the most but the other day i was holding a bearded dragon, those things are awesome. so they are always a possibility.

24. dumerillis_1986

a baby would be ok in that enclosure but a sub adult beardie or adult needs one way bigger. way bigger.

25. newlander85

newlander85 New Member

haha beardies are so sweet