Has anyone seen this or had a snake do it ?

Discussion in 'Other Pythons' started by Snake_God_666, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Nero

Nero New Member

Both my ball and Red tail do this, the red tail liked the taste of me more then it did the mice as a baby, but he started eating like this. For awhile he didn't eat at all, it was about a month after I got him and he refused to eat dead, thats when I started to get worried, but he had to get used to eating dead, thw owner that had him before me, fed him live in small box, and the snake tried to bite him every time he tried to get him out after a feeding. I got him and he is calm as a new born baby after getting used to dead, so after a while he finally broke down and started to eat, he wrapped them a bit at first but soon just said screw it got his face to the rat, tasted it a bit with a flicker of the tongue opened up and took it down, he went from nippy, to sleeping around my shoulders on the couch when hes out.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. sweety314

sweety314 Embryo

Kish the corn has outgrown just swallowing and "kills". CeCe just swallows, and Oreo the KSB "kills" even tho she's only as big as a FAT earthworm. Hera KILLS, Freddie the ball is lazy--once, the only way she ate, was b/c I accid. dropped it into her lap. She squiggled around and started swallowing. And she's an adult. *sheesh!* All the other grab FAAAAST and constrict to "kill" it even tho' it's FT. And I don't mess around...They're all fed using long tongs.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. petec

petec Embryo

My childrens pyhton doesnt seem to get too excited unless he sees the silver tongs delivering him his food. he only wraps one coil around the pinky, to help him guide the food into his mouth from all appearances.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. The_Guy8880

The_Guy8880 Embryo

I have 2 large blotched pythons and when i got the female it was really agressive but now they do simmilar things, and my female hadnt eaten in a bout 2 months, and it was fat, i was confused until it layed egss lol. but now i have egss so thats a good thing, i'll let u know if the babies do it as well.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. galacticgeckos

galacticgeckos New Member

yea my redtails do that. lol. why kill it if u know its dead? my red tails are actually REFUSE to eat live rats, so i could put my pet rat on their backs and they would just kinda slither around and give them a ride haha