hatchling identification corn snake

Discussion in 'Corns & Rat Snakes' started by susyq, Aug 19, 2004.

1. susyq

susyq Member

:? hi all, just been to look at some hatchlings and was wondering if anyone can identify this morph, they have a grey background black saddles with red or orange spots either in the middle of the saddles or inbetween the saddles there is also some white around the saddle area. on first looking at them they look like bronze corns but then you notice the red/orange colouration. there is also some very nice red albino's in this batch which i have my eye on for myself :?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. stormyva

stormyva Well-Known Member

Pics would be VERY helpful.
    With corns it's hard to say without seeing them.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. susyq

susyq Member

i will try and borrow a digi camera and get some pics, ive identified one as red albino, and im picking up 5 of the hatchlings tomorrow :D although im only fostering them for the shop i work at but i want to make sure they arte eating well before i let them go as im in charge of the snakes.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. susyq

susyq Member

ive now identified the above hatchling its a bloodred het for hypo, cheers anyway

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. cka

cka Embryo

SusyQ, what does the belly look like and what were the parents?...

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. susyq

susyq Member

the parents were an albino and a miami,the belly is chequered off white and brown

12. cka

cka Embryo

Are all these hatchlings from the same clutch? I'm guessing the miami is het amel to have amels and normals in the clutch...I'm not sure where a bloodred het hypo would come from in this pairing...A bloodreds belly will not have checkers; it will be all white with a little color from the dorsal "seeping" into the white ventrum scales...pics would really help too lol, but cheers, SusyQ, and good luck with them :*)

13. susyq

susyq Member

id love to put an image here but it is not on a publicly accessable server