Hawaii reptile laws???

Discussion in 'Reptile Law & Legislation' started by bxredkilla973, Nov 8, 2006.

1. bxredkilla973

bxredkilla973 New Member

there is a chance that i will be moving to hawaii soon and from what i have heard hawaii has very strick reptile laws so i was wondering if anyone knew a site i could go to....i would like to know what pets i might have to leave behind so i can place them in to good homes with friends and family if i do end up going there....

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Saucy

Saucy Well-Known Member

You're probably going to have to leave them all. Hawaii pretty much doesn't allow ANY reptiles to be imported... there was some guy on Animal Planet that had his turtle under quarantine for SIX MONTHS at the state import place before he could take it home.

I would call up the Hawaiian government and ask. They do get pretty good care, though... so if you're willing to do the quarantine... and can pay for it, I'd go for it. It's VERY expensive, though. Dogs and cats have to stay at LEAST 30 days (if you're qualified due to pre-quarantine requirements)... that costs over $700. God knows what they charge for reptiles. I'd start looking now... cause unless you've got a hefty pocket book, they aren't coming with you.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. bxredkilla973

bxredkilla973 New Member

damn that really sux....i dont think i will be able to afford it..thank god i have some time to train my sister to care for them before i leave..but thanks alot saucy u were a great help :)