hello everyone. New user looking for some general Info

Discussion in 'Turtles' started by 4LC4PON3, Feb 24, 2010.

1. 4LC4PON3

4LC4PON3 Embryo

Ive always been interested in Aquatic Turtles and setups. I was at the pet store Yesturday and I seen they sell Red Ear sliders but the size of the tank that is needed is a Bit 2 big for what I can do. What im asking is this. What are some smallers land/Aquatic Turtles that would lets say be good in a 40 gallon Breeder or even a 55 gallon??

Im very interested in turtles and I have plenty of time, money and patience to provide to get this started.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. maryse

maryse New Member

Hi 4lc4pon3!

Box turtles, spotted turtles, and mud and musk turtles come to mind. Excellent that you thought of the setup before the animal :)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Welcome to Reptile Rooms/Reptile Boards! Glad you're doing your research on what pet and what set-up is ideal for him or her before you decide on what to get! Not many people do that, so thank you very much! We have a number of very knowledgeable turtle owners here who I'm sure will be along shortly! Good luck with whatever turtle you choose!

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. justkev

justkev Hi :) Staff Member

The turtles listed above are great choices. There are a few other more exotic species as well that may work in the size enclosure you want to use.. but they would generally come at a higher price.

Spotted's are a great turtle.. especially if you are in a state where you can legally have them. They are also quite beautiful. [​IMG]

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Alotta Toyz

Alotta Toyz New Member

Great Photo..... how big do the spotted turtles get?
    is it OK to have 1 to maybe 3 of them together?