Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by Cathy, Jul 28, 2004.

1. Cathy

Cathy New Member

Hello Everyone!
    My name is Cathy. Some of you have seen some of my answers on certain topics and probably was wondering 'WHO IS SHE"?
    My husband and I own about 170 Bearded Dragons and 8 Frilled Dragons! It's A LOT of work, but each and everyone are very well worth the effort! I concider all of them my 'babies'!
    I only answer questions that are based on my knowledge and ex-perience and it's ok whether or not you agree or disagree with me :) !
    I will be the first to tell you that I'm far from knowing everything about them and that's why we are here!
    Now I have a question for you, the public :wink: . From time to time
    I will get a rescue dragon and I recieve eggs from a friend of mine from
    her dragon. The problem is there's always something wrong with the babies :cry: .
    I had a baby born yesterday and it has a lump at the bottom of its
    back and at the tail. This happened because of an incorrect diet and lack of supplements. These babies will never be able to have babies of their own and would be strickly pets.What I'm thinking about doing is starting an adoption program for those who wish a Beardie and can not afford one providing the adpotee is correctly set up and can provide a loving home.
    Any thoughts or inputs would be greatly appreciated!!!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Dylacat

Dylacat Member

Nice to meet you Cathy. I think that it's a wonderful idea you have. A quick Q though...how will you know what type of homes that they will be going to? Will it only be a local adoption program?

I commend you on your efforts for beardies. They are extremely wonderful creatures, and they are very lucky to have you...just as you are very lucky to be able to love so many of them.

Take care,
    Rebecca

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Cathy

Cathy New Member

Not really sure yet. This thought is still in its infancy. I'm thinking to start locally. This way, I'll know the people and would be able to touch base with them once they receive one of my 'babies'.

I do want to add that I've often told my friend that she should NOT breed her female because of her wieght
    and diet. Everytime I've gotten the eggs from her I would lose all but 2 or 3 of them. She and the male are unrelated, but due to the way that she is fed, birth defects are now starting and I'm going to show this poor baby to her and hopfully it will sink in. I keep wanting to turn down the eggs, but I keep saying to myself that some of these babies will make it and they deserve their part in life, but now...... I really don't know what to do????