Help! Desert Spiny Lizard, Swollen Head

Discussion in 'General Lizards' started by Reptibuddy, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Reptibuddy

Reptibuddy Embryo

Hello,

Recently, I rescued a Desert Spiny Lizard from a busy parking lot. It's been my intention to release it out in the desert part of town which I live in.
    In the meantime I put the lizard in a good size terrarium, with a heating pad, sand, 10.0 UVB light, branch to climb on, ect.. The lizard has eaten crickets I throw in the tank.

In less than a 2 week period the lizard started to develop some swelling on the right side of the face and head. The swelling gradually increased to where the lizards right
    eye is hardly open. The swelling has stopped,but not gone away. There has also been a decrease in the lizards activity. I'm concerned, I don't want to release this lizard into the wild in this condition. I'm thinking about taking the lizard to a vet.

I was wondering if anyone here has seen these kinds of symptoms, or know what could be wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Again, its been my intention to release this lizard in the desert area outside of town.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. rinako

rinako New Member

You should take him to a vet.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Hannimal

Hannimal New Member

hmm, I think it has some sort of tumor. I highly recommend you take him to a reptile vet.