HELP- i want to get my WTF a buddy!!!

Discussion in 'Treefrogs' started by JunePune, Nov 11, 2007.

1. JunePune

JunePune Embryo

Hi- i currently own 1 male WTF ~ 14 mths old. He is housed on his own at the mo and i have just bought him a new bigger viv. I wanted to get him a friend but need some help! I know that i need to get another adult, thats the same size as him- are there any disadvantages to getting a male or female? Also- i am gonna use his old viv as an isolation house for the new frog- how long do i need to isolate them for? How do i introduce them? Are there any possible problems? Anything else i need to know???

Would really appreciate anyones advice! Thank-you

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Leona&Amy

Leona&Amy Well-Known Member

Quarantining should usually last from 60-90 days. Thats pretty much all I can advise on. Good luck!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. lestat

lestat Moderator

Males croak pretty loud. Other than that, it probably doesn't make much difference which gender you get. The only problem I can think of that you might encounter is competition for food. Make sure both of them are able to get enough to eat once they're housed together.

I usually recommend a month for quarantine, but longer is even better. Some things take more than a month to incubate, so you could have something come up after the normal 30 days.