help identifying from shed please

Discussion in 'General Snakes' started by JameyF, Dec 3, 2008.

1. JameyF

JameyF New Member

I just found a snake's shed under my house. I have found a similar shed (same general shape and size) last year and this year around a bush near the house. Unfortunately, I only have the front half of the shed and not all of the head. With my limited knowledge of snakes, I don't have enough of the shed to identify if it is venemous or not. The shed is from Eastern NC. The diameter of the shed is about the size of a toilet paper or paper towel roll. What shed I have, I can't undo because of it's brittle nature, but I would guess (and that's all it is) the shed I have would be 2'+ in length. As I said, I only have a section of it with no sign of the tail. I would assume the snake that shed it would be 4'+ in length. Below are pictures. If you need me to get something different, let me know.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. jeepnphreak

jeepnphreak Member

It tough to tell.
    How to un roll a shed is to get a plastic box and place the shed in there is a wet towl, make sure that the shed is not directley on the towl. let it sit over night, the skin will moistn and you should be able to un do it. Another trick is to VERY lightly spritz the skin with water from a mister of some kind. Let sit for a few minutes, and try unrolling it.

Can you post a pic of all the skin and as much of the head peice as you can? with the detail pics I can not see much that might give me a clue. But if I can see the whole thing I can proably tell you if its at least venemous or not.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. jeepnphreak

jeepnphreak Member

It tough to tell.
    How to un roll a shed is to get a plastic box and place the shed in there is a wet towl, make sure that the shed is not directley on the towl. let it sit over night, the skin will moistn and you should be able to un do it. Another trick is to VERY lightly spritz the skin with water from a mister of some kind. Let sit for a few minutes, and try unrolling it.

Can you post a pic of all the skin and as much of the head peice as you can? with the detail pics I can not see much that might give me a clue. But if I can see the whole thing I can proably tell you if its at least venemous or not.