Help! injured anole.

Discussion in 'Anoles' started by KingCobra22, Jun 3, 2004.

1. KingCobra22

KingCobra22 Embryo

Today I came across a bunch of 10-15 yr olds next door to my house torturing lizards(anoles).They all had BB guns and they were shooting them,tying them to fire crackers,lighting them on fire.There was nothing really I could do because it was all on their yard.Well then I see them coming on my yard shooting lizards on my property.That is when I came
    out and you don't need to know what happend after that :evil:
    I came across this green anole that had it's right leg shot off.It doesn't look too bad but what do I know.I have him in a 5 gallon tank right now.He seems very active and o.k.Should I let him go and do you think he will be o.k. or should I kepp him for a while to keep an eye on him.Is there anything I can do to help him heal?
    There were alot of other injured lizards that I seen(brown anoles) but the green one caught my eye.There was a lizard with half of it's face blown off and it was still moving.Poor thing. ;)
    Next time I'll let my rottweiler out :twisted:

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. cheriT3719

cheriT3719 New Member

What little jerks! If you let him go he probably will get picked off by a predator. If it were me I would keep him, but that may be more torture if he is in pain. I guess you could try to keep the wound clean and maybe use some neosporin or something. Do those kids have parents? You know a lot of serial killers start that way! :twisted:

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. KingCobra22

KingCobra22 Embryo

Yes, kids like those will probably end up as criminals.Pretty soon they will be shooting people.The parents obviously didn't care what they were doing which makes it even worse.

I'm gonna try putting neosporin on the wound.Hopefully he will recover from the injury.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Jhoss22

Jhoss22 Member

if it were me i would have gone over there and beat them up. i would have unleashed my karate skills on them and then i would have taken the anoles and nursed them back to health. i would also have taken those guns and broke them over my knee so that they never hurt an anole again.and if i did see them again i might have to post out my karate staff and taught them another lesson. ya im only 13 but that dont mean i cant whip em. 10-20 on me sounds like fun. although i would like a challenge.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. hobotramp

hobotramp Member

Have you tried talking to their parents? Just a thought. As for the anole... how's it doing now?

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. KingCobra22

KingCobra22 Embryo