Help!!! Lost baby corn snake =[

Discussion in 'Corns & Rat Snakes' started by mango95, Sep 4, 2009.

1. mango95

mango95 New Member

Help!! I lost my corn snake. I just got him 3 weeks ago and he is the friendliest thing. I keep those cage clips on the cage and everything. Two days ago he escaped and since he's only a baby he could fit anywhere! I know hes still alive because he went to the bathroom all over the rug :) . I've tried the baking soda trick and even putting food out. He probably didnt come to the food though since i just fed him before he left. Can someone give me ideas to help me find him ??

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Geckoguy52

Geckoguy52 New Member

look in dark areas. specifically ones that have some heat (such as under the refrigerator). if you have other pets, be sure to look at their behavior. don't leave doors open that go outside. hope you find your snake.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. mango95

mango95 New Member

Yeah I check under the fridge and the stove like every day. i tried putting his little cave he crawls in down in the corner and i put a heat lamp there too. I'm hoing he'll crawl in there but so far he hasn't =[

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. teemarie

teemarie Embryo

Oh dear :/ I'm sorry you lost him... I have lost my corn Butters once when she was a baby, and my tarantula Boris once as well.
    Butters showed up on her own. A couple days after she went missing, she was curled calmly inside the shower. I was VERY lucky.
    Boris however was gone almost two weeks I think? No one would come in my room, haha. I eventually found her one day while I was vacuuming, terrified and huddled behind the garbage can in the corner of the room by my computer. I'm not sure if she was there the whole time or if the vacuum scared her out of some other hiding place...

I'm sure you looked in every dark crevice you could think of, but maybe something got overlooked? I know I moved EVERY movable piece of furniture in the room and shone flashlights under the really big stuff... but I somehow overlooked the garbage can, probably thinking it to be too small and insignificant? I'm just saying, if you haven't already, do another one-over of your room, moving everything, even the small stuff. :) Hopefully he will turn up!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. mango95

mango95 New Member

Thanks. it's been a month and my other corn wiggles is very lonely without mango =/ but wiggles will live lol. I don't know where he could be though since i live in a townhouse so there isn't a lot of places where he could be. Well i heard you find them when you least expect it so hopefully i'll find the little guy slitherin' around one day.