Help major hunger strike!

Discussion in 'Chameleons' started by Darque_Orchid, Jun 29, 2004.

1. Darque_Orchid

Darque_Orchid Embryo

Hello,
    I have a Chameleon that has been on a hunger strike for 3 weeks. I am feeding her dog food and I don’t like to force her mouth open. I have been taking her out in the sun everyday for short periods while I feed her. I have taken her to the vet twice and she is going through a 3rd type of medicine.
    I feed her crickets and just tried meal worms. She isnt interested. In hawaii we don’t set the clocks back so I don’t think its seasonal. I have for the last week coverd the front of the cage with a green towel for privacy.
    I do turn off the lights as night. Is this a no no? She has a drip system for water and I feed her water with an eye dropper too. but since she stopped eating she doesn’t want the water anymore.
    I wonder is her toungue not working? Do I need to put more crickets in the jar to give her more selection?

Im at a loss I don’t know what else to do for her. Please help

Darque_Orchid@yahoo.com

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. eggs

eggs Embryo

what kind is it

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. cheriT3719

cheriT3719 New Member

Yes, the lights should be out at night. Who told you to feed it dog food? That doesn't sound like a real good thing to do. Have you tried some wax worms? I know they are full of fat, but they may work. Silkworms work for mine, and they are nuritional. Go on petreptiles.com under chameleons and PM stitch. He is very knowlegeable about chams. He breeds them, maybe he could give you some ideas.