help me out please

Discussion in 'Tokay Geckos' started by reptileworld, Jul 30, 2009.

1. reptileworld

reptileworld New Member

how can i make my 1 year old tokay gecko friendly he is all ways going for me. he is ok when he is out the tanks but just getting him out is so hard because he is so nasty. i do not no why he is like this. ;) please help me out i need your help :p

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Geckoguy52

Geckoguy52 New Member

this just screams tokay behavior.

try bringing him on your hand by useing waxworms. just don't let him take it and run away.

they can be tame species, but take some work to calm them down.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. reptileworld

reptileworld New Member

it is just when he is in the tank he is bad when i got him out he is so nice

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Just_Some_Guy

Just_Some_Guy Well-Known Member

Tokay Gecko's have very aggressive and unfriendly dispositions! Best solution would be to gradually tempt this little guy out of his cage with some sort of treat. And then he will start associate your hand and handling with food. Thus hopefully making him easier to handle. But it will be a long process its not going to work overnight. And the worst thing you can do is try and force your Tokay into a position where it may feel frighten.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. reptileworld

reptileworld New Member

i had him for a year now. he is getting better i think ;) i all way put my hand in the tanks and when i do this i let him come to it some time he will come to me and he will let me pick him up but 8/10 time he will be very aggressive in the tank. thank you for all your info :p

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. brendywendy

brendywendy Well-Known Member

thats just how they are!!!

you could buy some gloves?

or maybe just try the slow trust building style like with leopard geckos
    get him used to you hand being still in the tank, then move closer, step by step, without grabbing him etc, just waiting till hes ready, or at least until he doesnt want to bite you.

but i seriously doubt its possible, hell probably always be an angry critter