help me out please

Discussion in 'Anoles' started by reptileworld, Aug 5, 2009.

1. reptileworld

reptileworld New Member

i am looking to breed my green anoles this year but this will be the fist time i have done it. so please can you help me and give me some tips on what i need to do to help them to breed :):(

thank you for all your time

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. 00luke00

00luke00 Well-Known Member

Hello,

Just a quick question, what are your intentions for breeding? Breeding anoles is not a very easy thing, the babies are tiny, and you need to be so delicate with them. If you are breeding in order to sell off the offspring, i'd like to offer some opinion too. You won't make any money doing this, not compared to the amount of time and money needed to get the breeding project started. Plus anoles sell so cheaply, usually no more than about £8. I'm willing to answer any specific questions you may have though :(

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. salvadorian

salvadorian New Member

If I were you, I wouldn't breed anoles. They are hard to find homes for without them just dying or being fed to something bigger (and, thusly, dying..). Not to mention, there are PLENTY of green anoles everywhere in the world.. there is definately no demand for them. Nearly every petstore in the world is overstocked with them and probably wouldn't take any from you for free! Breeding the little guys would be a high stress situation for you and your pets, and could easily cause the onset of MBD in your female.
    If you want to breed anything, breed hairless guinea pigs... Those things are expensive and rare. haha

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. 00luke00

00luke00 Well-Known Member

Definately, even though we dont have any native anoles in the UK they are imported so cheaply here, we only end up paying about £8 so that says something about the whole situation.