HELP!! MY LEOPARD TORTOISE!!

Discussion in 'Tortoises' started by travyn, Sep 26, 2008.

1. travyn

travyn Embryo

today after school i took my baby leopard tortoise and my mali uro mastyx out to soak up the sun. well, after getting back in, i noticed tuck (the tort) was salvalting a little. she kept opening her mouth and moving her big tongue, and it made spitty noises. so i investigated. and i got verrrry worried. then i saw some food in her mouth, so i pulled it out, it was the entirety of a hibiscus leaf she had before i took her out. so now im freakn worried. so i give her a bath and clean her all up. i try to get her mouth open. its like getting greenish and saliva-e. so i put her in her tank with baby (the mali) and went to the computer, i came back up to check on her, and although her jaw is too strong to get open, al the stuff on her face is gone!! she looks normal, no saliva, her mouth is dry. the only thing wrong is the chip in her beak shes had cuz she tried to eat a rock =P. other than that her face is fine looking. but i still don't trust it, i cant get her mouth open, and when it is al i can see is a big pink tongue! whats going on???? i did research and came up with mouth rot but my tortoise has non of those symptoms besides the mouth, she still eats alot! and i really need to know whats going on!!!!! and any help is reallllly neeeded!! thank you!