help plzz my anole has been hiding in a rock cave i gave him

Discussion in 'Anoles' started by souledge, Oct 2, 2005.

1. souledge

souledge New Member

my anole has been hiding in a rock cave i gave him and hes only comin out to eat the temp is about 80 degrees in the cage thete are no things on the side of the gage it does cast a reflection and i have sen him look in it and then run off quickly is he frightend by the reflection of him self or is he pre hibrinating

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. hobotramp

hobotramp Member

Anoles can be frightened by their own image. He may think it's another anole. Can you change the angle of the light or put paper around the tank... anything to cut down on the reflection. You may find that's all it takes for him to spend more time outside the tank.

Lyndsay

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. souledge

souledge New Member

i am spendin to day and all of tomarow to put paper its white paper i colord green is there some kind of special color to help him because ive also noticed now that hes only green at night

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. enightmare

enightmare New Member

Yeah, when they are brown its generally a sign of high stress, and they will usually turn green at night. Mine was like that for a while, until I finally gave him proper lighting. Does your's have proper lighting?

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. souledge

souledge New Member

i am curently usin 2 lamps that were in my room they kepp the temp at 80 i am goin to get a heating lamp as soon i get the money

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. souledge

souledge New Member

one is like a desk lamp the othere is a lava lamp both are under 50 watt bulbs i with the lava lamp i have it bieng supported by the other one i unscrewd the lava part so that the lava lamp just has the bulband the base

12. Fable

Fable New Member

You need a uvb light!!!!!!! This may be the cause for th high stress level,

Fable

13. souledge

souledge New Member

that seems so obvios now thank you

14. Fable

Fable New Member

iS that a reply to my post or someone eles if ya are your welcome. I would like to see some pics of that great homemade enclosure filled with anoles.

Fable

15. souledge

souledge New Member

i dont have a digital camera or a scaner and i only have one but i have noticed since i put paper up hes been spendin more time out dside the cave

16. souledge

souledge New Member

i mean i only have one anole

17. enightmare

enightmare New Member

Good to hear? Did you ever get a uvb light? If not i can personally recommend ESU Slimline...It costed me like 40 dollars.

18. souledge

souledge New Member

would it work in a clamp because ive got a hexicon tank n on of the long type lights wont fit

19. souledge

souledge New Member

but when i say he is brown i just relized that id people muight be mistakin the brown for like really drk brow wich i know is high stress but id say he more grey then brown

20. souledge

souledge New Member

i had originaly read on a web site from where i purchased the anole st sumthings dragon orfanges that a heatinglamp would burn itso thats y i didnt have one now im trying to find one to fit in the cage

21. enightmare

enightmare New Member

Normally you would want a heating lamp as well, to set up a basking spot. It will burn them if its excessively hot.

As for the uvb light...Anything would work as long as it emits uvb.

22. souledge

souledge New Member

i have now got a uvb bulb and a clamp light but he is still brown the heat temp in the cage is around 8 to 83 the humidity is 70 and theres plenty to eat

23. souledge

souledge New Member

ok it turns out the thing i thought was a ubv bulb wasnt actual a uvb bulb i just bought an actual uvb bulb a week ago however my anole is still lazy and brown .the temp is fine and so is the humidity. i have one fake plant in the tank a large jungle vine thing. a bending large branch thing. i use zoo med exto earth substrate. he eats fine and drinks fine. he goes to the bath room reguarly. gut load all his crickets.should i get more green plants and see if that helps. or should i just try to get him to a vet.

24. midgetmunky13

midgetmunky13 Member

i wold try some plants first. is there a spot for him to cool down in? in none of this helps i would take him to a vet. wait is he eating and pooping cause if he is hes prbly ok. but if u have a herp vet near i would do it anyways.

25. souledge

souledge New Member

yeah there is a spot for him to cool down and yes he is eating and pooping ok