HELP REPTILE BAD REP. UPDATED 02/01/03

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by natashaccollins, Jan 2, 2003.

1. natashaccollins

natashaccollins Member

I live in Dorset, UK and my local paper keeps writting negative things about reptiles and only ever write one side of the story. I want to write to the paper with my own report on reptiles and give reptiles a better rep. I am not a very creative writer and need a bit of help, can anyone give me some suggestions on what to put in my report?
    The paper is saying that reptiles make terrible pets and are very dangerous and unpedictable in once case a girl of 10 years old owned a bosc monitor and it bit her and that was about it they never said she could of frightened it or whether she had the smell of food on her hand, they just say "all reptiles are dangerous and should not be kept as pets....". please can someone help?

[Edited on 2/1/2003 by natashaccollins]

[Edited on 2/1/2003 by natashaccollins]

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. CheriS

CheriS Is well known here

What kind of things are they writing there? Would need a bit more informatiom.

Reptiles improperly kept, like anything can be a problem, but cared for correctly, not only do they make good pets but also captive breed reptiles can be healthier and live longer.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. stormyva

stormyva Well-Known Member

I agree with CheriS that we need some more info... maybe a link to an online article or something like that.
    I imagine that the articles are the same there as here though....
    "Man gets bitten by his pet copperhead"
    They dont mention that the guy was drunk as a skunk and showing his neighbor what it's like to kiss a snake.
    "16' Burmese Python Ate Dog"
    The snake had not been fed for three months and was kept in an enclousre with out a good lock. Snake got out and came across Fido.

Too bad there are so many idiots out there that make a bad name for out hobby!

Here is a link to an article I posted on another herp site..... more idiots:
    Idiots!

[Edited on 1/2/2003 by stormyva]

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. CheriS

CheriS Is well known here

HAHAHA!! thats too funny! [​IMG]