help!

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by Samantha93, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Samantha93

Samantha93 Embryo

i have a bearded dragon he is about 4-5 months old. i think he is impacted. he is dragging his back legs and is not eating anymore. he keeps having what looks to be seizures. his whole body clentches like he is being squeezed. is it possible to become impacted with peas. ive been feeding him some of those and last time he pooped i noticed he pooped out like 1 whole pea. ive been giving him warm baths and masaging his tummy but he gets so bloated its hard to push his tummy.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Samantha93

Samantha93 Embryo

he is my first bearded dragon
    his name is pascal
    4-5 months old
    ive had him for 2 months
    bought him at pet store
    he is alone
    the hot side is 110-115 and the cool side is about 80
    carpet substrate
    i didnt know he needed a uv light so i bought him one yesterday
    he has a night light and a heat pad
    he eats crickets everyday and 5 days a week i dust with a calcium d3 vitamin

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Cammy

Cammy ReptileBoards Addict

What you are describing sounds more like the result of a calcium deficiency from him having gone so long without a UVB bulb. Seizing is a very serious symptom and often indicates a very progressed condition. At this point, I would highly recommend you get your beardie to a qualified herp vet. If you don't have one already, http://herpvetconnection.com has a list of some.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. RomanLA

RomanLA New Member

What kind of UV light did you get? It might be worth the extra money to get a mercury vapor bulb. It provides a massive amount of UVB and heat. Give him a rock to bask on and make sure it's about 110-115F on the rock (with a digital infrared thermometer). He will park there and start healing up, assuming that's the problem, which would be my guess. Also, you obviously want to lay off the peas and anything else that would be hard to digest for a while.

I read this recently on a UV web site (http://www.uvguide.co.uk/whatreptilesneed.htm)...
    I'm more of a tropical lizard guy, so I just recently started researching desert species and haven't read up much on beardies yet, so I really can't provide much more information. I hope you and your dragon are both happy and healthy soon though. Good luck!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. mmandrew2013

mmandrew2013 Embryo

that probably means that it has a nerve misfunction