here is my new crested gecko

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus (Crested) Geckos' started by lisa owens, Jun 23, 2012.

1. lisa owens

lisa owens Well-Known Member

quick question do they have to have uv light or any light if it stays the right temp for them?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cookie17 and Cammy like this.
  2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Cammy

Cammy ReptileBoards Addict

Cute little baby! =)

Crested geckos are nocturnal, so they do not require special UVB lighting. A regular photoperiod (day-night cycle) is recommended, but avoid exposing them to overly bright light. If there is a little bit of natural light in the room he is being kept in, that will be sufficient. As long as you are able to maintain the correct temperatures, you likely will not even need supplemental heat sources. Just keep an eye on temps with an accurate digital thermometer or temp gun. Especially pay attention to temp drops at night and during the cooler months to make sure it isn't getting too cold.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. lisa owens

ok i didn't thank they need uv light but the breeder said they did so i wanted to be sure what morph do you thank s/he is?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Cammy

Either flame or harlequin dalmation...if you google crested gecko morphs you can probably find some examples of what these look like to compare. I don't really know my morphs to be honest though.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. lisa owens

i believe that the breeder said it was a harlequin dalmatian i couldn't remember till you mention it

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Cammy

Yeah, that's what I was leaning towards because it looks like there is some patterning on the sides as well as the back. I couldn't tell if the sides were patterning or the light though. Just wait until you see him fired up though...harlies look really cool when flared, especially if there is a lot of contrast in them. I demand pictures, haha. =D

12. lisa owens

yes boss! lol

Cammy likes this.
  13. dogking

dogking HOTM Winner September

great looking gecko! I love the pattern on the back!

14. lisa owens

new pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

StikyPaws312 likes this.