Herp Room Pics

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by shrap, Aug 30, 2005.

1. shrap

shrap ReptileBoards Addict

Well..... if a Pastel Jungle is bred to another Pastel Jungle, on average 25% of the clutch will be SUPER Pastel Jungles, 50% will be Pastel Jungles and the other 25% will be normal. The normal siblings DO NOT carry any Pastel Jungle genes.

Same applies to the Cinnamon Pastel..... if a Cinnamon Pastel is bred to another Cinnamon Pastel, on average 25% of the clutch will be SUPER Cinnamon Pastels, 50% will be Cinnamon Pastels and the other 25% will be normal. Again, the normal siblings DO NOT carry any Cinnamon Pastel genes.

Did I explain that ok?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Rocky

Rocky Member

Thanks so much!! Yup you explained it perfect! I know you said I shouldnt hesitate too ask you any questions but I have a few more I just dont wanna be annoying. There about the different kind of morphs and what they produce.

Mojaves have been proven to create blue eyes leucistics, correct? What are the odds of that and how much are the blue eyes worth? More than the black eyed leucistics?

What are the odds that two fireballs were to breed and create a black eyed leucistic?

If you were to breed a normal to a mojave, what would the outcomes be?

If you were to breed a normal to a pied, would you just get hets for pieds and normals?

Thanks again so much Shrap and sorry if im getting a little annoying with the questions. lol

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Rocky

Rocky Member

Oh yeah also, I know ball pythons and bearded dragons are completely different. But when a female beardie is bred, it shortens there lifespan. Is this the case with ball pythons?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. shrap

You are not bothering me at all. I could talk herps all day. :)

1) Check out this link to Ralph Davis.... get the info straight from the horses mouth. http://www.ralphdavisreptiles.com/matrix/t...cy_blue_eye.asp

2) The only price tag I have seen is for the black-eyed Lucies.... $200000. I have heard that Ralph tunred down $250000 for a blue-eyed, but that is second hand so I do not know how valid that is.

3) When Fires are bred together each egg has a 25% chance of being a black eyed Lucy.

4) Mojave to Normal would produce a mixture of Mojaves and Normals because Mojave is a Co-Dom.

5) Pied to Normal would create all 100% Het Pieds because Pied is a Recessive.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Rocky

Rocky Member

Thanks very much! I should have thought to look at Ralphs site Ididnt realize. I know I could talke herps all day as well! Thanks so much Shrap you are such a help! Wow he turned down 250000 for a blue leaucy!!! Wow!!

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. shrap

Not sure exactly what, if any, effects proper breeding has on a female. What I can tell you is that a friend of mine has a normal female that is around 22 years old that he has bred for over 18 years.

12. General48

General48 Member

why would he be breeding a normal for so long it is hardly worth anythin and it stresses out the snake.

13. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

She'd breed in the wild. How would it stress her out any more in captivity? The fact that she's 22 years old and still able to produce is a good testament to this guy's care of her.

14. shrap

Well when you are breeding morphs to it.... makes lots of valuable offspring. And it is not doing anything that is unatural at all. As Axe said, the fact she is still producing after this many years is a testament to my frineds husbandry skills.

15. Janice

Janice ReptileBoards Addict

Very cool. I am looking forward to having my BPs for that long. I think that is just awesome!

16. Innocently_evil

Innocently_evil New Member

Where do you get your sani-chips?

17. shrap

I order Sani-Chips in bulk directly from Harlan Teklad. They are not a retail outlet. They have a $100 minimum order policy. Which is what I order..... comes out to 16 bags.

18. Innocently_evil

Innocently_evil New Member

thanks shrap :D I'll consider getting some of that stuff next time...

19. General48

General48 Member

well they are also killed and hunted and exposed to parasites in the wild.. lol you get my point

20. shrap

Yeah but I do not agree with your point in any way, and to say the off spring are "hardly worth anything" once again shows your ignorance. Really I do not mean to sound like a jerk but you are talking about stuff you obviously have no clue about.

21. General48

General48 Member

no i dont mean the snakes arent worth anything i mean monetary value.

22. General48

General48 Member

i also do not think its fair to call me ignorant because my opinion differs from yours

23. shrap

It is not a difference of opinion issue. It is a fact issue. You are spouting things that have no fact behind them at all. First that breeding a healthy snake is wrong. There is no fact to that. Secondly that the offspring have no monetary value, as if that should matter...... but yet again no fact to that either.

Het Pieds are worth nothing? Het Albinos are worth nothing? Pastels are worth nothing? Spiders are worth nothing? Becasue that is all that snake has been paired with for about the last 8 to 10 years. Every clutch that snake has produced for the last decade has been worth $20,000 or more.

That is where I am saying ignorance. You are making statements that you do not have the knowledge about. Sorry if that rubbed you wrong, but it is the truth.

24. Janice

Janice ReptileBoards Addict

And I would say breeding an extremely heathy snake, that has been taken care of so well, oh man, it SO worth passing on her genes.

25. Rocky

Rocky Member

Sorry I have a two more questions.

What is a double het?
    I saw on another website...pastel het albino
    Does this means it looks like a pastel and carries the genes of an albino?