Hershey has passed away :(

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by Axe, Jun 19, 2002.

1. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Sadly, hershey passed away on Sunday night.

After laying two infertile clutches, she became eggbound on her third. By the time we spotted the problem, it was sadly too late :eek:

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. pastleyellowleo

pastleyellowleo New Member

thats to bad how old was she???

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

I really don't know. I'd had her since just before the end of September last year, and she was already fully grown.

I'm guessing around maybe 4-6 years or so old.

When we came across her, she was with Huff at the pet store. They'd just come in earlier that morning. A guy had brought them in. They were his son's pets, his son didn't take great care of them, although they had apparently bred in the past successfully. And his dad finally got pissed with the whole thing and brough them to the store.

So, they hadn't been in the pet store long enough to be totally beyond help, although they were both missing a couple of toes when I got them.

Straight away when I got her home, they both had a good soak in some shallow warm water to help get a few bits of dried skin off, and all her sheds were good after that, so I guess she hadn't previously had a moist hide, or much access to water.

Huff's doing well. He's in a 10g on his own now, and Su & Frodo are together in a 30g tank. Su's a female het albino, Frodo's a male snow, and Huff's kinda a tangerine. Not a shining example of a tangerine, although some days he's a lot more yellow than tang (and vice versa on others).