Hey guys i'm new here! this is my tokay

Discussion in 'Tokay Geckos' started by camo_pants, Nov 13, 2006.

1. camo_pants

camo_pants New Member

this is Chewy. She (so far a she) is 4 1/2 months old. I've had her since 2 weeks old. I've been working on "bonding" with her and so far I can stroke her inbetween the eyes without losing any fingers. I'm still too chicken to pick her up but one day..........one day....it'll happen, hopefully.http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g52/camo...ts/DSC03075.jpg
    http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g52/camo...ts/DSC03078.jpg
    http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g52/camo...ts/DSC03080.jpg
    http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g52/camo...ts/DSC03081.jpg

just got her the hammock a week ago, I think she likes it

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Liquid_Squelch

Liquid_Squelch New Member

RE: Hey guys i

"She" is a cute lil' bugger!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. cuteaussiebabe

cuteaussiebabe Embryo

aw she is so cute. i really want to get one but ive heard they have a mean bite and a really pissy temper

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. camo_pants

camo_pants New Member

yeah it's true. it has taken a long time to get where I am with her. the way she poses for the pictures I take of her I think she's pretty comfortable around me. I can even vacuum out her tank and she's fine with it. I've heard some people can't even change the waterbowl without being attacked. those ones are most likely wild caught(i'm guessing). I made sure mine was captive bred.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. brendywendy

brendywendy Well-Known Member

she is gorgeous

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. camo_pants

camo_pants New Member

thanks! I would like to get another but I don't think I would be as lucky next time. I feel the same way about my dog. I was lucky with her too.....she never destroyed any of my stuff in the puppy stage.

12. TempestGarden

TempestGarden New Member

Where did you find a CB Tokay?

It seems like all the ones that I see are wild caught.

13. camo_pants

camo_pants New Member

I got her through the petstore I buy from. One of the reptile people has a bunch of connections. I could have gotten a WC faster but I insisted on a CB. I don't think it's fair to take an animal out of the wild and cage it. I guess CB had to come from somewhere though ..... Chewy was $39.99 cdn

14. willythegame16

willythegame16 Member

I wonder why shes called chewy :>

15. camo_pants

camo_pants New Member

lol it suits a boy or a girl and yeah because of the aggresiveness tokay's are known for :)

16. shortygirl

shortygirl Well-Known Member

Camo - you've got a ZOO! How many do you have all totalled, seems like you've got a post on every forum LOL!

Beautiful Tokay though, good luck with Chewy! (PS, that was my old dogs name, was watching Star Wars & she mamanged to chew THROUGH A WALL - it seemed to fit, haha)

~Michelle

17. camo_pants

camo_pants New Member

haha awesome. Alltogether I have 14 reptiles and 1 dog. I have 8 leopard geckos, 2 crested geckos, 2 pictus geckos, a tokay and a bearded dragon!!!

18. shortygirl

Wow man, you're gonne have to charge admission to your house lol.

It's pretty hectic here too: 4 BD's 2 WD's 3 Leos, 1 Ball Python, 1 RES, 3 dogs, 6 cats & a little brother :wink: I keep him in a 55 with a basking light & feed him calcium coated crickets & tacos - should write up a care sheet one of these days....hmmmm

~Michelle

19. camo_pants

camo_pants New Member

LMAO!! I have so many breeder insects... today I just became the volunteer insect breeder for the Reptile Rainforest Refuge. I'm so excited. they actually charge admission there! I wanted to do something good for unwanted reptiles so i'm donating all my extra mealworms (couple thousand a month). I can't wait to post pics of the animals there if the refuge doesn't mind

20. shortygirl

I'm sure they won't - any pubilicty is good for an organization like that, kudos to you!

~Michelle

21. camo_pants

camo_pants New Member

thanks I'm very excited! they have 19 caimen and a few are over 9 feet long!!! they also have the biggest captive snake in North America!